messed with trinity now jeep is dead

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

mikeinloveland

messed with trinity now jeep is dead

Post by mikeinloveland »

Who do I go to, how do I get help. Bought this 2012 Rubi with a RIPP supercharger on it and trinity diablo computer. Got some error codes that I was told are bogus likely and just need an updated program. Ripp pointed me to diablo sport. diablo support was no help whatsoever, in fact RIPP is more helpful on support than diablo. Well, so I thought.

They told me to do this and that and before you know it, my jeep that was running just great now wont even start. It tried to start, pukes and spitts and never runs. I have been screwing with this diablo computer and finally got it updated to the latest greatest, now when I go to my jeep the computer says it doesnt have enough power to program.

They had me reset stuff and noe the custom tune is gone and it's a pile of scrap that I cant get running.

This has been the worst experience ever, so confusing and stupid. I am a software engineer and a computer tech, and trying to get this stuff to work on your computer was a royal pain as well.

Anyway, I have a dead jeep in my driveway and no idea how to get it running again, and the support from everywhere is just not helpful.

Unless you want some deep training on this stuff, don;t ever buy one cause when things go wrong you cant get good help or good instructions.
Not to mention....
First you have to install the proper drivers for the diablo computer to get it to work right from their website
Trying to get the thing updated took me 3 hours of tinkering with crap!

SD card wont work unless it is 2GB or less I think, mine was 32GB so I can only use it on my computer, think buying sd card will be waste of money.

Now I have to tow this thing to someone that MIGHT be able to figure this crap out in Loveland Colorado.
mikel

Re: messed with trinity now jeep is dead

Post by mikel »

this should not be difficult, sorry you are having a hard time with it.

I want to start by advising anyone else who reads this, that if you buy a supercharged vehicle and dont know much about the state of tune, that its best to not mess with it.
Nothing worse than putting the stock tune back in a supercharged vehicle then not being able to reload the tune.

If this is a Trinity, you erased the custom tune when you restored the backup to the vehicle, which I would have advised against. If you dont have a copy of the tune saved somewhere you'll now need to contact RIPP to have a new tune made.

Get a charger on the Jeep to ensure good voltage, and then use the trinity to load one of the canned tunes like the 87 tune.

Then use the dsdl software to export a copy of the backup file and email that to RIPP and ask them to make a new tune.

Then you'll use dsdl to load that tune back t the trinity then you can install the custom tune and drive the vehicle again.
'

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com