Day 1 of Trinity Use / Codes

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

petemitchell2

Day 1 of Trinity Use / Codes

Post by petemitchell2 »

Today I installed the Trinity Tuner. Completed the backup then uploaded the pre-loaded 87/KnN CAI tune (Not plugged into truck so not sure what that basic tune is called) to my 2005 F150. I have KnN CAI, Super 40 exhaust and recently upgraded to 33" wheels. Anyways, after driving around town for an hour or so I was highly impressed with the performance. Looking forward to getting up to the 93 octane versions and even custom tune. Couple things:

1. P1000 code and the P0430 code. No check engine light and driving great. I checked for codes on the Trinity. BEFORE driving around I played with it and checked for codes and there were none. I understand the P1000 code comes on most of the time when you flash the trucks computer. Why would P0430 code come up? Something I should worry about if no light and performs well?

2. GAS SMELL - wow! Before installing the tune there was never a gas smell. After driving around with the new tune, when taking my kid out of his car seat just above the exhaust, I noticed quite the smell!!!! IS that the P0430 situation causing that? Can I make it go away somehow?

3. With the tire size change going from 29" to 33", I am assuming I need to do something so the computer realizes the change. Can you do this on the Trinity or do you have to get a custom tune? Should I get new gears?

Thanks for all your help!!! I have no clue about tuning and have/am doing as much reading to get there!!!

Pete
2005 F150 XLT Super Crew
CAI, Super 40 Cat Back, 33" tires, 3" lift coming soon.
mikel

Re: Day 1 of Trinity Use / Codes

Post by mikel »

Not sure why you got the P0430, clear it and if it comes back its a sign there is an issue with the passenger side cat.

Gas smell, well, nothing in the tune should change anything about fueling at idle, cruise, so tough to say.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com