Restore Original Backup fails... blank VIN

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Truglodite

Restore Original Backup fails... blank VIN

Post by Truglodite »

In the past I have gone back and forth from the canned to stock with no problems until now. My 2012 Ecoboost F150 has the 87perf tune installed, and tonight I tried restoring my stock tune but it says it can't because the tune is installed on "another vehicle". The "Information" page shows:

Code: Select all

Serial: ?private?
Part: ford_can_gas
Version: v.1r13s
Hardware: Trinity
Bus: CAN
Born: 05/09/17 40361
Bus Test: NOT DONE
Saved Calid: KGCP7G7
Saved VIN:
Yes Saved VIN is blank, and I don't mind sharing the serial over the phone but felt I shouldn't be posting it here. Here is what the "Show last tune written" page shows:

Code: Select all

Page1-
PCM:
87 Performance

Page2-
PCM:
KGCP7G7
TCM:
Not Saved

Vin:
Again, yes VIN is blank. Interestingly when I click "Troubleshooting\VIN", my VIN shows up correctly there. So it sounds like Trinity failed to save a VIN the last time it was making a backup... er something like that. I saw a post from a guy who had a similar problem (https://forum.diablosport.com//viewtopi ... 10&t=48039); not sure if he got that sorted or not. I'm not sure what to do next, but I hope this gets sorted ASAP before something happens that requires a trip to the dealer! If anyone here has fixed a similar issue please share the exact steps used. I can call and troubleshoot this over the phone tomorrow if it helps.

Kevin
mikel

Re: Restore Original Backup fails... blank VIN

Post by mikel »

Its a bug but nothing to worry about.

Please give us a call with the tool powered up in the vehicle and we can get it to restore the stock tune and it will be good to go from there.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Truglodite

Post by Truglodite »

Thanks mikel, I just wanted to respond to say that I called today (10am pacific time), and your support tech Mike helped me get my stock tune back up and running in just 10min (that includes the few seconds I was on hold). If anyone else runs in to this rare bug, the fix will require a quick call to DS support while you're in your vehicle with Trinity plugged in.

After reading so many negative posts about customer service, I felt obligated to share my positive experience with others. Keep up the good work!

Kevin :D
mikel

Post by mikel »

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the feedback.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com