Wow LOVE the Extreme PowerPuck (2007 CAT C7 Motorhome)

PowerPuck/Extreme PowerPuck Support

Moderator: mikel

MNICHOLS4

Wow LOVE the Extreme PowerPuck (2007 CAT C7 Motorhome)

Post by MNICHOLS4 »

We have a 2007 Winnebago Journey 40' with a CAT C& 350 HP. Installation of the extreme powerpuck was a challenge, since the top of the motor is located under the steps to the rear closet. 2 hours was a far cry from the 10 minutes they claim but still no too bad. My main complaint was the install manual. I found the pictures useless so I downloaded the manual from the website and took the laptop out to the motorhome during the install. It's to bad you guys don't put a little better information in you install manual.
First time out with the puck installed and I couldn't believe the difference in power and mileage. We hit some back road PA hills and the rig took them with no problem. I wasn't towing the toad this trip so we'll have to see how it does towing. I went from 7.5 MPG to 9.2 MPG that's a nice improvement (+18%). I did notice the turbo boost was running at much higher pressure levels. My C7's boost max's out at 26 and much of the trip the boost was over 15. My only concern is that the added boost levels don't cause any long term problems. If anyone has an thoughts or concerns on this please let me know.
Thanks.... Diablosport !
mikel

RE: Wow LOVE the Extreme PowerPuck (2007 CAT C7 Motorhome)

Post by mikel »

Great to hear, glad you are enjoying it.

As long as the vehicle is driven responsibly, there should be no concerns with longevity, and you can always dial the power back when you dont need it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
MaxDiabloSport

RE: Wow LOVE the Extreme PowerPuck (2007 CAT C7 Motorhome)

Post by MaxDiabloSport »

Glad to hear the increase in fuel economy. It will pay for itself in no time with those gains!

Regarding the instruction manual, it is tough for the international applications. The International engine is used in hundreds of different vehicles so we base the instructions off the engine, not the vehicle. We would have a 200 page book for each engine if we had a picture for each vehicle. We do our best to display where the connector's are on the vehicle but those engines are not always placed the same under the hood.

Just curious, were you the gentlemen i spoke with last week regarding the Extreme PowerPuck and his Winnebago? We had a good 20 minute phone conversation.