Can you use a boost fooler with the puck?

PowerPuck/Extreme PowerPuck Support

Moderator: mikel

RAMnUTAH

Can you use a boost fooler with the puck?

Post by RAMnUTAH »

I know I asked this about the predator & you said you can, but what about the 03 puck? They both use the same MAP plug so I wasn't sure if it was possible???
Thanks again
johan

RE: Can you use a boost fooler with the puck?

Post by johan »

That might be an issue. I have never tried it so i can not answer that.
Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.
pwr2tow

RE: Can you use a boost fooler with the puck?

Post by pwr2tow »

Yes, I beleave you can but at this moment can not remember which one to plug in first. It should help to keep smoke down and lower EGT's.
2009 Challenger R/T Classic
fyrguy316

Post by fyrguy316 »

finally we have an answer to this question...yes you can run a boost fooler with the power puck. i bought the quadzilla boost fooler last week and installed it. it works great. hittin around 40 psi of boost!!! plug the puck into the MAP sensor, then the bost fooler into the puck and finally the engine harness plug into the boost fooler. i've only run it on the 60 HP setting so far. i need to try it on 90 and with the predator stack. i'll post something when i get the time to try it out. hope this helps.
05 2500 SLT, 600 cummins, 6 SPD, Predator/Puck Stack, Quad. Boost Fooler, ISSPRO Pyro and Boost, ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor, MBRP Exhaust, AFE Stg 2 PG 7, REESE rail setup for 5th wheel or The Goose, PJ Gooseneck 25 ft 14,000 GVW
Blue2003

Post by Blue2003 »

have you tried the puck on 90h.p. setting? how well does it perform with the fooler?
'03 6-speed, afe stage 2, ats arc flow, 4" str8 threw exhaust,Smarty/Puck, TST PMCR R37, Fass 150, SPS 62/14,60# boost,1600*pyro gauges
fyrguy316

Post by fyrguy316 »

never tried it on 90.
05 2500 SLT, 600 cummins, 6 SPD, Predator/Puck Stack, Quad. Boost Fooler, ISSPRO Pyro and Boost, ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor, MBRP Exhaust, AFE Stg 2 PG 7, REESE rail setup for 5th wheel or The Goose, PJ Gooseneck 25 ft 14,000 GVW
ohyeahfriday

Post by ohyeahfriday »

This is the exact info I was looking for, so the wiring harness goes into the fooler, then to the puck, then into the plug on the motor.

Thanks for the info, correct me if I am wrong.
crazyG

Post by crazyG »

Why not the other way around.. I couldn't get mine to snap into the puck on that end so I installed mine trucks harnes>puck>fooler>sensor. I can tell a difference, now I'm boosting as hard as I did with extreme tune on the tow tune with the fooler! Is there any reason to install it with the boost fooler before the puck as the trucks harness sees it?