2015 Duramax no fire

PowerPuck/Extreme PowerPuck Support

Moderator: mikel

Woodninja

2015 Duramax no fire

Post by Woodninja »

Just attempted to install P2040 Power Puck on my 2015 Denali HD. It's a pain getting the fuel pressure sensor plug off. Seems like they hid it under everything to try to keep people from installing things like this. It seems though with a slightly different harness it could be a lot easier. Hopefully you can tell from the picture. Anyway, after installation, I turned the knob all the way down and tried to crank the truck. It just spun over no fire. I checked all connections for tightness and tried again, no go. I think disconnected the knob so it would act as a pass through and still the same thing. I disconnected the power puck and reattached the stock connector and it fired right up. I got 3 codes on my edge cts2. Fuel rail pressure, sensor voltage, and I can't remember the other. Anyway, I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-01-24-13-55-17.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-24-13-55-17.jpg (2.05 MiB) Viewed 11608 times
mikel

Re: 2015 Duramax no fire

Post by mikel »

I discussed this with one of our engineers, here is his response:

With the truck not starting with the module attached, it tells me one of a few things. Most likely there was a loose connection either at the sensor or at the wire harness going to our harness. They can also be plugged in upside down and in doing that, will cause a no start issue. With him having the fuel pressure codes, its telling me the same thing. I am betting he had a fuel pressure low code, and fuel pressure high code, and a fuel pressure out of range code. This is what happens when the connection is not good.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Woodninja

Post by Woodninja »

That does make sense. I'll try that next time I get a few minutes and post back the results. I just wish they made fingers compatible with getting to that connector. :evil:
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yeah, that connectors has been a PITA since 06, as its the same way on our 06 LLY...we had a tuner with really small hands that was able to get it though ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Woodninja

Post by Woodninja »

That was it. Got my fingers and right angle needlenose back in there and got it reconnected. It was the connection from the power puck to the OEM harness that can go either way. Got it right. It's screamin now. I'm gonna go drive around for awhile now. Love it. Thanks guys!!
mikel

Post by mikel »

awesome, enjoy :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com