Will the Mafia help my accel

MAF.i.a Support

Moderator: mikel

tdchandler

Will the Mafia help my accel

Post by tdchandler »

erationI have an 01 F-150 S-Crew 4.6. I changes out the entire induction system or polished and matched everything that I could not replace with bigger. Stock Heads, Cams and lower end.
BBK 90mm Throttle Body
Polished matched stock manifold
Polished Plenum
Polished Stock Heads
K&N Cold Air Intake
Garnatelli 90mm MAF
MSD Coil Over Plugs
Denso Irridium Plugs
Predator U7153
Gibson Dual Cat Back
I have played with the tune to the point that I am happy with it and not experiencing any ping. BUT. The truck should launch a lot harder than it does. I know that with the types of mods that I have made I can't expect Top Fuel quality launches but it should be better than it is. After reading some of the technical data on the Ford Racing site I ordered a MAFIA. Based on what I know now I am not getting the full benefit of my bigger, better MAF without tricking the computer some. With the type of mods that I have what is your recommendation for the setup of the MAFIA or even my tune and should I expect a little better quality off the line torque and Acceleration.
mikel

RE: Will the Mafia help my accel

Post by mikel »

The Mafia is generally used for forced induction applications where the MAF is pegged due to increased airflow from a turbo/supercharger.
Your application would not benefit from the addition of the Mafia, in fact if you have it set to anything other that '0' you are likely running lean and losing power, as the entire tune must be scaled to work properly with the Mafia.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com