Bought a Car With a Diablo Chip and Mafia - Instructions?

MAF.i.a Support

Moderator: mikel

joesgt281

Bought a Car With a Diablo Chip and Mafia - Instructions?

Post by joesgt281 »

Done some snooping around and can't find what would be considered Instructions here for the Mafia.
I found the table that advises adjustment to displacement and injector slopes by settings, but I guess I'm wanting to step back to square one and understand the theory of operation, and how one goes about getting the full benefit of the Mafia.
For instance, if the purpose of the Mafia is to extend the range of a MAF (this is my assumption at this point) if a stock MAF is pegged out at 5V at XX kg/hr of air flow, how can more air flow than that be accommodated?
Does it somehow change the voltage output of the MAF so 5V is now equal 1.X times XX kg/hr? And does the MAF curve in the chip have to be re-drawn to know that that's the corresponding kg/hr? Or does changing those 3 parameters accomplish that?
Sorry for the noob questions. I'm not really a noob at tuning as I've done a good bit with a Tweecer, just new to the Diablo brand goodies.
TIA
Joe
mikel

RE: Bought a Car With a Diablo Chip and Mafia - Instructions

Post by mikel »

to get the full benefit of the mafia, you must have a CMR tuner dialing the tune in for the changes required in the MAF curve, short of that, do not make any changes to the MAFia or its settings if you intend to run the car.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
joesgt281

Post by joesgt281 »

Ok so lets say I'm working with somebody with the CMR software, is my understanding above about the Mafia and what needs to be changed correct? Are there any instructions for the Mafia available?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes, once the listed changes are made in the tune file itself, the mafia will now report a higher airflow amount for 5V, as the whole curve is rescaled, and the tune is rescaled to accept the new output voltages from the MAF.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
joesgt281

Post by joesgt281 »

Thanks Mike, I look forward to working with the Diablo products!