MAF.i.a on 05 Mustang w/Vortech HO kit

MAF.i.a Support

Moderator: mikel

L.D.

Post by L.D. »

I am having an issue with a customer's 05 Mustang GT with a Vortech HO supercharger kit. It always sets a code P1101 (MAF sensor out of self-test range) when I run a Key On Engine Off code scan (I have an NGS Star Scanner which is what Ford techs use). It will set this code even if the MAF.i.a is set to 0 (which is supposed to be the same as stock). This past weekend I did an update on the Predator vr7140 (which also came with the Vortech kit). After I put the stock tune back into the car (so I could do the update) I ran another KOEO scan and the code goes away (with the MAF.i.a set to 0, I didn't try it with it on 2 which is where it is set for the Vortech setup). After the update and re-loading the tune into the car, the P1101 returns with a KOEO scan (no matter if the MAF.i.a is set to 0 or 2). I would like to know if the problem is strictly in the Vortech tune or if it is possible the MAF.i.a is bad (I am getting ready to have this car Dyno tuned and do not want to pay a bunch of money only to find out it can't be properly tuned because the MAF.i.a isn't working properly). By the way, I posted on the Predator board last week regarding an intermittent Continuous Memory code P0104 (Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Intermittent/Erratic) on this same car, which also has to do with this issue. If nothing else, please let me know if there is a good way I can test the MAF.i.a by reading voltage outputs (on different settings of course).
cole

Re: MAF.i.a on 05 Mustang w/Vortech HO kit

Post by cole »

L.D. wrote:I am having an issue with a customer's 05 Mustang GT with a Vortech HO supercharger kit. It always sets a code P1101 (MAF sensor out of self-test range) when I run a Key On Engine Off code scan (I have an NGS Star Scanner which is what Ford techs use). It will set this code even if the MAF.i.a is set to 0 (which is supposed to be the same as stock). This past weekend I did an update on the Predator vr7140 (which also came with the Vortech kit). After I put the stock tune back into the car (so I could do the update) I ran another KOEO scan and the code goes away (with the MAF.i.a set to 0, I didn't try it with it on 2 which is where it is set for the Vortech setup). After the update and re-loading the tune into the car, the P1101 returns with a KOEO scan (no matter if the MAF.i.a is set to 0 or 2). I would like to know if the problem is strictly in the Vortech tune or if it is possible the MAF.i.a is bad (I am getting ready to have this car Dyno tuned and do not want to pay a bunch of money only to find out it can't be properly tuned because the MAF.i.a isn't working properly). By the way, I posted on the Predator board last week regarding an intermittent Continuous Memory code P0104 (Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Intermittent/Erratic) on this same car, which also has to do with this issue. If nothing else, please let me know if there is a good way I can test the MAF.i.a by reading voltage outputs (on different settings of course).

How was the Mafia installed? Was it plugged in or was it soldered (hard wired)? Some cases i have seen the harnesses extended too far causing the voltage from the mass air to the PCM to be out of range causing this. But The tune should not be responsible for this. This is most likely a defective unit or a wiring issue.

Cole Stevens
Diiablosport Inc
L.D.

Post by L.D. »

The vehicle connector is plugged directly into the MAF.i.a. and the MAF.i.a wiring is plugged directly into the MAF sensor (no extension). Do I need to replace the MAF.i.a??
Mellowyellow01

RE: MAF.i.a on 05 Mustang w/Vortech HO kit

Post by Mellowyellow01 »

since this question was answered I would be doubtful that the diablo team would come back into a answered post... I would copy and repost it so it will get new attention good luck
cole

Re: MAF.i.a on 05 Mustang w/Vortech HO kit

Post by cole »

L.D. wrote:The vehicle connector is plugged directly into the MAF.i.a. and the MAF.i.a wiring is plugged directly into the MAF sensor (no extension). Do I need to replace the MAF.i.a??
I would swap mafias and try to see if that eliminates the problem. Its very very rare to see anything wrong with a mafia.

Cole Stevens