DODGE RAM SKIM ?

CMR Support

Moderator: mikel

jtotin

DODGE RAM SKIM ?

Post by jtotin »

I'm currently in the process of converting an 03 to an 05 ram ECU for the conversion for better tuning for pcm and tcm.
however I just realized that the vehicle has a SKIM module, so the new PCM when I install it will begin to start and then die and probably give a SKIM mismatch code and disable to vehicle. does CMR tuning allow the disabling of the vehicle security settings allowing the bypass of the SKIM module so the vehicle will start and run?

otherwise im going to have to get my customer to buy a new skim module and key to program to the replacement pcm using the vin in the pcm.

Please let me know ASAP so I can get with my tuner and let him know if it will work or not.

thanks.

Jerry
etdavenport

Re: DODGE RAM SKIM ?

Post by etdavenport »

I am curious too. I recently bought a Trinity x2 for my Wrangler. I live in the middle of nowhere in Alaska and we only have one key. If we lose it or get it wet we are screwed as there is no way to program keys here. Its 4K to ship a vehicle to Anchorage.

I did the PCM swap and was hoping it would kill the skim security, it did not. Is that something I have to ask for specifically?
mikel

Re: DODGE RAM SKIM ?

Post by mikel »

SKIM is not generally something we offer the ability to disable.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com