CMR registration / crom download problems.

CMR Support

Moderator: mikel

innovate

CMR registration / crom download problems.

Post by innovate »

Hi,

I have two basic problems. First, whenever I choose to register the CMR software, I am told that the registration is successful and that the software will restart. However, it never restarts and the demo timeout just keeps counting down.

Second, I have been attempting to get a U7000 Predator setup with the .crom file for a '03 Cobra (U7142?). The Ford predator tool first throws up a message box noting 'Not Registered' then appears. I walk through the download steps, but get "download failed" the instant I cycle power on the Predator.

Should I assume that these problems are related, or two seperate bugs/issues?

Thanks
-jjf
mikel

RE: CMR registration / crom download problems.

Post by mikel »

The download (.crom) issue sounds like a COM port or baud rate issue.

I will have someone contact you about the CMR issue.'

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
innovate

Re: RE: CMR registration / crom download problems.

Post by innovate »

mikel wrote:The download (.crom) issue sounds like a COM port or baud rate issue.

I will have someone contact you about the CMR issue.'

Thanks
FWIW, I'm not attaching the U7000 to a vehicle, just to 12V. I haven't found any directions so I assumed it wouldn't matter.

Thanks
-jjf
mikel

RE: Re: RE: CMR registration / crom download problems.

Post by mikel »

Please go ahead and try registering the CMR again, as it should work now.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
innovate

Re: RE: Re: RE: CMR registration / crom download problems.

Post by innovate »

mikel wrote:Please go ahead and try registering the CMR again, as it should work now.

Thanks
Registration now works. This also appears to have changed the behavior of the downloader.

Selecting download at 115K baud claimed to have downloaded all 4000+ blocks and succeeded. However, when I cycled power on the Predator it did report "Cobra", but then "application missing or corrupt".

Attempting the download steps a second time gets all the way to "Writing block 2", which is retries several times, then reports "download failed

I've been trying to prep the unit for a marketing/press video shoot early next week, so I need to take the path of least resistance. That is, I'm at a point where tracking down the fragility of the U7000/U8000 CROM file installation is secondary, I have to get a working unit for the shoot first. The other problem will still have to be solved, but it isn't as pressing.

Thanks
-jjf