CMR software available to end-users?

CMR Support

Moderator: mikel

duster360

Re: CMR software available to end-users?

Post by duster360 »

neurotic rants from trolls often get deleted..its just how it is

FYI: my Rescales and Custom tunes get the following changes:

​1) Modified WOT Timing table based on Turbo, PCM, Octane; Scaled up to 3bar. [stock stops at 2.25bar]
2) Modified Part Throttle Timing for improved idle and drivability
3) Modified VE Table not only for improved idle and drivability but to also add progressively fuel with boost up to 3bar.
4) Raised Charging voltage to increased fuel pump supply and coil output.
5) Enable WG Adaptive Learning to allow PCM to adapt for changing conditions
6) Modified Waste Gate DC table based on the wga used.
7) Modified Desired Torque {“Boost”} for improved boost control
​8) All Torque limiters, raised or disabled
9) Cat Over Temp disabled [aka COT]: provides more stable WOT A/F.
​10) Boost Cut limit raised but left active to provide proper Fail Safe.
11) Modified Knock Thresholds to prevent PCM from needlessly pulling timing.
12) Cooling Fans lower based on all Gas tunes
13) NOW WITH PCM Knock adjust A/F FAIL SAFE!!!---PCM will automatically richen up the A/F the INSTANT it sees Knock. As soon as the Knock subsides, the commanded A/F returns to its original setting
Needless Torque Calibrations
www.needlesstorque.com
jsachnet

Post by jsachnet »

Na, I think you just prefer when people don't question you. I have no problem doing that. I also have no problem crediting the actual source(s) of my knowledge and work. Give credit where it is due, or else your just a thief.
mikel

Post by mikel »

jsachnet wrote:Na, I think you just prefer when people don't question you. I have no problem doing that. I also have no problem crediting the actual source(s) of my knowledge and work. Give credit where it is due, or else your just a thief.
I've seen Dave's rescales, and they are quite a bit more thorough than any cal file we provide, and his injector scaling is not the same as any of the calfiles we provide.

I'm going to try not to get into the statement about getting injector data from the manufacturer, I'll just say that data is only as good as how it was developed, and most if it is not quite 100%.
ID's data is good, but on anything over 1000cc, there is always going to be some fine tuning needed anyhow...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
duster360

Post by duster360 »

Any pseudo-tuner who stops at what the Diablo supplied Cal files changes isn't anyone you want tuning your car.
I haven't used them in years, but IIRC they only change the Map slope and not much else.

I don't know anyone besides Injector Dynamics that will provide anything more than Deadtimes.

So bottom line the incoherent ramblings of a moron are no more than that.
www.needlesstorque.com
SHFTQIKR

Post by SHFTQIKR »

Mikel;
Not trying to sound as if I'm challenging the re-scale issue, but I am genuinely confused. Is there not a formula based on info that the original ECU program is looking for, that would be used to calculate the percentage of of change needed based on the new injector size? I'm sure that's how other software companies are doing this. I'm no program writer but I know thing like this are centered around math formulas. I do understand the handheld may not be able to achieve this, but the software used by the laptop should be able to pull it off, much like the "antiquated" ECM software. Also I did not refer to the prices tuners have for their services being controlled, but rather the hand held unit itself. I AM enjoying the tool itself so far, and certainly see the potential, but would like more control myself.

jsachnet;
I certainly understand that you feel that you are standing up for the little guy, and for all I know at this point you could be, but your approach is extremely unprofessional. Even though I feel that some of these things should be free or already open in the software, I as a customer would be more drawn to work with duster360, or 1 of the other tuners based on your open attacks of how they do their jobs. It does not reflect well on yourself. I completely understand that creating an all new "custom" tune for a person takes time, just like dyno time. Charging for this type of service only makes sense. I know I don't work for free.

duster360;
Firstly, I DO stand corrected, the post in question states that the re-scale comes free WITH the S2 re-scale. I did not wish to put names into this as I was not trying to call anyone out, just working toward an understanding of the ongoing pricing structure. That being said, the rate offered for the re-scaling seems fair when coupled with the other changes you make at the same time to the other parameters. This does however bring back my question of why some of these things are not available for the user to change, such as part throttle fueling and timing. Also correct my if I'm wrong, but the map and tip sensor re-scale is an adjustment to the voltage put out by the sensor at a given pressure correct? I don't expect a walk in the park, but don't mind a challenge, or learning new things

The software I keep mentioning for the DSM world is capable of re-scaling for injectors all the way up to 1600cc injectors without fail. By the way, this software is also used on the Evolution platform which is an "advanced" OBDII platform. Unless the EVO is just not as technically advanced as the SRT4 platform. Which also brings COBB to the table for their platforms.

My questioning is not meant to pick at anyone, belittle anyone, or make personal attacks toward anyone. It is simply to make the company as a whole aware that there is a base of customers that are willing to pay to get a more open version of the software for us to play with, and create our own "tunes". I'm sure that a high percentage will still end up back at a CMR to perfect what they have done themselves in the long run. I know the technology is out there, so not sure why we can't get there on this platform.
duster360

Post by duster360 »

SHFTQIKR wrote:duster360;
Firstly, I DO stand corrected, the post in question states that the re-scale comes free WITH the S2 re-scale. I did not wish to put names into this as I was not trying to call anyone out, just working toward an understanding of the ongoing pricing structure. That being said, the rate offered for the re-scaling seems fair when coupled with the other changes you make at the same time to the other parameters. This does however bring back my question of why some of these things are not available for the user to change, such as part throttle fueling and timing. Also correct my if I'm wrong, but the map and tip sensor re-scale is an adjustment to the voltage put out by the sensor at a given pressure correct? I don't expect a walk in the park, but don't mind a challenge, or learning new things.

Just slipping in a new transfer function for 3bars sensor is a simple change. 10s tops. The "3bar Cal file" the misinformed peon posted just makes this 10s change but its pretty much useless. It doesn't even make the few critical changes to the PCM to even allow it to see above 2.25bar. It just allows the 3bars to read correctly below 2.25 bar.

So a real tuner needs to then recalibrate 3-4 different tables and 4-5 more settings so that the car can take advantage of the increase resolution and this is not so simple.

Like I said, any "tuner" who stops at what the Diablo supplied Cal files changes isn't anyone you want tuning your car.
Last edited by duster360 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.needlesstorque.com
SHFTQIKR

Post by SHFTQIKR »

So it's not as quick as changing the voltage scale. Now that is the kind of answer I was looking for. This being said I will probable be getting with you before to long. going to finish the engine for my 240sx this month, replace the transmission in the talon, then the water pump on my Monte, then the Neon will get some attention. I will be toying with the available features until then. Thank you for the feed back.
jsachnet

Post by jsachnet »

SHFTQIKR wrote:Mikel;
jsachnet;
I certainly understand that you feel that you are standing up for the little guy, and for all I know at this point you could be, but your approach is extremely unprofessional. Even though I feel that some of these things should be free or already open in the software, I as a customer would be more drawn to work with duster360, or 1 of the other tuners based on your open attacks of how they do their jobs. It does not reflect well on yourself. I completely understand that creating an all new "custom" tune for a person takes time, just like dyno time. Charging for this type of service only makes sense. I know I don't work for free.
Your 100% right:

I try to stand up for everyone, not just the little guy. Nobody deserves to get screwed by some of these clowns.

I am 100% unprofessional because I don't have to be and my background has always been to tell people what they need to be told regardless of what their feelings may be. I lack tact and could care less.

My reputation reflects well, if it did not my email would not be full of the aforementioned tuners "handy work"...

And the pic I posted of the 3Bar rescale is not my work, it is Diablos handy work. There is a reason I did not post a link to the files.... You think Duster asked Diablo to take that shit calibration down since he knows how much is left out? Na, just let the other tuners suffer through the problems of using it. If anything, that is unprofessional because I would at least say something about it. That whole good Samaritan thing...
duster360

Post by duster360 »

Wow what a joke, lol,,,Agenda driven, tyrannical rants = self-ordained "Ralph Nator" of Srt-4 tuning...LOL

He holds up the free Diablo Cal files as some sort of "smoking Gun" proving that every "Tuner" is just ripping guys off, passing along Diablo's work as their own as if it's a crime of injustice.

But he doesn't even know how incomplete they are until AFTER I point it out but then somehow I'M the bad guy for:
1) being competent enough not to use them as is
2) NOT tipping off lesser inexperienced tuners like him

he's yet to graduate from Cut/Paste of Stage PCMs,,,,lol,,,so how in the hell could anyone seriously believe he's working so hard "fixing" my tunes...lol
www.needlesstorque.com