Missing parameters for U7191

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Oneucb4u

Missing parameters for U7191

Post by Oneucb4u »

Hi, new guy here. I just bought a U7191 from someone for my 06 GTO, and found that some parameter modification items were missing. For example, no where can I adjust the tire size. I know where the option is supposed to be, but it's just not there. There are others missing as well. Now, I did notice that the thing was built 3 years ago, so is it possible that it's such an old version that it doesn't have those options?

Any ideas???
06MonteSS

RE: Missing parameters for U7191

Post by 06MonteSS »

they're not missing... the 7191 never had those parameters/options available for cars... tire size is only available for trucks... what other ones are you talking about that you think are "missing" ??

you need to get a custom tune done if you want that changed...

as for the revision it's on, look at the top of the screen when it's at the main menu... if it's not on 9r03, then update it....

you need to have the pc interface kit for it so that you can connect it to your Windows PC in order to update it, download recorded data logs, import/export tune files for custom tuning, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

It should have tire size....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

nah, not for the cars it doesn't... well, not for e40 Ls4 cars at least, cuz I know I never had it available for my car... no tire size, no gear ratio, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Oneucb4u

Post by Oneucb4u »

Yeah, I don't know what to say. The option just isn't there, but I know plenty of other 06 gto owners with this same tuner, and they're able to change tire size..
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

nope, I doubt it...

see these other posts...

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... +tire#7193

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... tire#20866

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... 0683#40683

and there are more like those, but you get the idea....

there is no tire size adjustment available...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Oneucb4u

Post by Oneucb4u »

Well, that.. just sucks. I'm glad you pointed this out, because I would've been pissed if I spent $40 for the serial cable to update it for nothing... :/
Ill_Born_SS

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Well it would not be for nothing... you can then have it adjusted/fixed in your personalized custom tune from Lew and then you can blow the doors off your buddies in their GTO`s !!! and probablly most other stuff lurking around.
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah.. if you need to get a custom tune done in order to change the tire size, then you need the cable and power adapter anyway, so that you can import/export tune files for the custom tuning man... ;)

also need 'em for downloading recorded data logs...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Oneucb4u

Post by Oneucb4u »

Yeah, you guys are right. I've only had this thing for a few days, but it's becoming evident VERY quickly that I need to connect this thing to my PC to really get it going. Sucks though I have to wait for it to get shipped. Thanks for the help!