Lost... Sad... (T1000 on '16 Challenger - PCM Locked)

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

16Challenger

Lost... Sad... (T1000 on '16 Challenger - PCM Locked)

Post by 16Challenger »

All I'm trying to do is datalog some PID's such as STK/LTK and spark...

But somewhere in the instructions I'm missing something...

When I try to create a datalog, there are all of about a dozen PID's to choose from from the various categories such as engine/electrical, none of them are what I would expect and I would also expect MANY more to choose from given the PID list that I downloaded...

: (
16Challenger

Re: Lost... Sad... (T1000 on '16 Challenger - PCM Locked)

Post by 16Challenger »

Am I just being too stupid or did I not post enough info?
wehowardjr

Post by wehowardjr »

They are on here 8am to 5pm est, Monday thru Friday
16Challenger

Post by 16Challenger »

wehowardjr wrote:They are on here 8am to 5pm est, Monday thru Friday

Thank you for the info...

Update: So while I'm lost, as it turns out, it's not entirely me, in fact, I think I've been dragged kicking and screaming into an Alice and Wonderland rabbit hole...

I've discovered in my "testing" of the unit that using the touch screen somehow is restrictive (read "bug") in how many pages of PID's (categories) are available to select from when trying to create a datalog layout.

If I use the soft-buttons on the touch-screen, I can only advance to the 2nd page of categories and then the "advance" button greys out...

If I use the hard-buttons, there are PAGES of categories, and god-damn, I was able to find the ******** STK PID under "misfire" which was otherwise not available...

If this was the only schizophrenic behavior of the tool, I'd give you a pass, really I would, but my journey through the hardware, software and firmware of DiabloSport has been discouraging to say the least.

GENTLEMEN at DiabloSport:

There's a reason why your product isn't more widely promoted... And I suspect that the ONLY reason you get the customer base you do have is that it's a means to an end for people... NOT because people actually WANT to use your tool...

I shrugged off the reports from users who complained of quality and software issues as them being less than tech-savvy... I was WRONG...

Over at the other forum that I hang out at, the main forum for my car, I wondered why other members were either quiet or cryptic about this product, now that I've bought one, I understand...

Please go back to the "...WANT to use your tool..." and ponder that for a moment...

I bet you could double your sales....

wehowardjr

Post by wehowardjr »

You might have a defective unit that might need replaced. Mine has been working from day 1 out of the box when I bought it last August. I've read other posts on here from some who could not get it to work. When they received the new one everything was fine. Just a thought.
mikel

Post by mikel »

the PIDs you mention should already be in the default layouts, specifically the one named tuner. Are you not seeing them there or not seeing those layouts?

As for the touch screen, if its an issue we'll fix it or replace it, certainly is not a common issue or anything we leave people hanging with.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
16Challenger

Post by 16Challenger »

mikel wrote:the PIDs you mention should already be in the default layouts, specifically the one named tuner. Are you not seeing them there or not seeing those layouts?

As for the touch screen, if its an issue we'll fix it or replace it, certainly is not a common issue or anything we leave people hanging with.

I see that the PID's are in the "Tuner" layout, I apologize if I didn't make it clear that I was trying to create a new, custom layout.

If I use the touch screen, I can ONLY page down ONCE at the level where you select the PID categories after adding a gauge. If I use the Hard buttons, I can page down multiple times. I do not get the impression that the touch screen is the issue as the page down button greys out and is not available any longer via the touch screen but the hard buttons override this and allow access to further screens with additional categories. This condition is repeatable...

I didn't even cover the process that the tool took me through on it's own after doing the Cal ID update where it "uploaded" to my vehicle (on it's own, and to a "locked" PCM...). At the end of this process that the tool initiated on its own, and subsequently failed, I was left with what I would describe as a "bricked" vehicle. In my frustration with what the tool was doing or not and rebooting on its own to a hung, blank screen, I disconnected it at that point.

To my horror, I found my vehicle was throwing countless codes and my push button start was unresponsive, as in complete flat-line...

With no other options left to me after disconnecting the negative cable in an attempt to reset my PCM (...remember that whole LOCKED PCM thing???....) besides a trip to the dealership, which I was not looking forward to, I reattached the tool to see if I could get it to complete whatever process it was trying to do...

From my standpoint, I couldn't make the situation any worse... (I'm still struggling with the whole concept of what the tool is "writing" to or affecting if my PCM is "locked"...)

Fortunately for all involved, the tool was still on auto-pilot and managed to finishing writing successfully... ...or whatever it was doing, because the end result is that all of the codes and issues reported on my dash were gone and I again had a functional vehicle/push button start...

I can say with a lot of confidence that I didn't just come over here and start throwing stones with no effort on my part or without doing homework. I'm far from the only one who has some kind of issue with the tool as reported by various other members at my other forum. The general consensus is that the tool is not "user-friendly" to quote the typical expression used over there... Again, its behavior is tolerated because it's a means to an end...

/peace