Preditor p2 no DoD turn off option

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Cerberus85

Preditor p2 no DoD turn off option

Post by Cerberus85 »

I don't know if I'm just an idiot or what but looking around I was to the understanding that the p2 did DoD no/off which is why I bought it. Sadly I am not finding anything under the tune for it. I have a 2006 Monte Carlo SS 5.3l that I would like to turn the DoD off on please tell me I did not just waste $350 for this. Any help is much appreciated.
06MonteSS

Re: Preditor p2 no DoD turn off option

Post by 06MonteSS »

there is no end-user adjustment for that.. the preset canned tunes should be 91 Octane No DOD, for 91 octane gas with dod disabled, and Diablo Tune No DOD for 93 octane gas with dod disabled.. you would just select one of those preset canned No DOD tunes to install...

if those are not in there, then you need to contact diablo tech support tomorrow.. because you can not get custom tuning done for those predator 2's in order to disable it either..

would be much better off with more options if you got the inTune i3 8245 Platinum or the Trinity...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Cerberus85

Post by Cerberus85 »

all it has is Diablo 91 tune, Stock tune with options
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah, those Predator 2's have limited functionality and adjustments compared to the inTune i3 8245 or Trinity tools... and no custom tuning support at all... I do know that a user-adjustable setting for DOD on those cars was never an option - there were preset canned tunes that had it disabled as I mentioned... so I'm not sure if that's available on that Predator 2 or not.. you need to contact tech support tomorrow...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

Can you post the serial number for me please?
I think this param should be there.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Cerberus85

Post by Cerberus85 »

I will when i get a chance to go back to my car. I installed the 91 and it turned off DoD but when doing any kind acceleration from around 60+ it feels like a light lurching feeling as its speeds up best way i can describe it. It was not doing this before the tune.
mikel

Post by mikel »

so you were able to disable AFM?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Cerberus85

Post by Cerberus85 »

Yes the only option 91 tune did i will still send the SN and what would you say about that lurching with speeding up? Just do to a can tune?
Cerberus85

Post by Cerberus85 »

Where can i find the SN? And i was wrong it didnt turn DoD off just made it activate less offten
mikel

Post by mikel »

on the box or on the sticker on the device.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com