Board index DiabloSport Community Future Product Requests Hey Mike.....

Hey Mike.....

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 pm

Cool. It would be amazing if somehow the handheld could talk to a phone and then have logging data displayed on the center screen via CarPlay. Or if the handheld was Android based and could display without a phone. I think that’s definitely something that’s missing on the market currently that would be a big hit.
2018 Chevy Equinox LT 2.0T
K&N Drop in, Burger JB4 Alpha

2021 BMW M550i xDrive
At the dealer, awaiting transport to FL

Post Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:14 am

Mike_Levy wrote:
Cool. It would be amazing if somehow the handheld could talk to a phone and then have logging data displayed on the center screen via CarPlay. Or if the handheld was Android based and could display without a phone. I think that’s definitely something that’s missing on the market currently that would be a big hit.

Tricky.
Superchips did a bluetooth/android based tuner years ago and it never took off. Then you have to deal with the massive fragmentation of the Android ecosystem (something like 85% of users are on old versions of software) and it becomes a disaster to support in the field. If you get a new phone and we don't support the new OS yet (happens all the time) you just cant flash the car. Makes for some tough phone calls.
Obviously the fact that so many new cars can run Android or CarPlay changes the landscape a bit.

Current development is a physical handheld device, but thats just for starters.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Previous

Return to Future Product Requests