04-07 Vue Redline & V6

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

XRL

04-07 Vue Redline & V6

Post by XRL »

This thread is to ask for you guys to work on the 04-07 Vue V6 engine, including Redlines. There's tons of these cars ont he road, and with their Honda drivetrains and plastic panels, they're going to stay on the road. These vehicles have so much potential it's not even funny,but we need tunes badly.

Thank you.
Mike_Levy

RE: 04-07 Vue Redline & V6

Post by Mike_Levy »

Honda computers are screwy. Its gonna be more trouble then it worth to try to work with them.
XRL

Post by XRL »

Well, it uses a GM computer still. If it used a Honda computer we could just use Hondata.

It apparently uses the same ECU as the Cobalt family of cars with the 2.2L engine.
redline18

Post by redline18 »

yes, as an owner of a saturn vue redline with the honda 3.5 i agree these engines are limited and could really use a tune. It would be great to remove the torque limiter, traction control and engage vtec in first gear, alow all gears to hit redline(currently shifts about 1k below), and get some more power out of the engine. just in my family we have two saturns with the 3.5 honda and there are plenty more out there wanting a tune. This isnt just limited to the saturn vue redline but to all saturn vues with the v6 from 04-07.. thats a ton of vehicles
anyways you can visit our forum at saturnfans.com and you will see theres a need for the tune
oh and another thought, i read on a cadillac forum that they had a tune for the tranny which made it shift alot better. was wondering if thats possible with the honda 5 speed automatic tranny.
thanks drew
BobbyP

04-07 VUE Red Line Tuning

Post by BobbyP »

It would be great to loosen the restraints on our J35A engines...

I'm interested.

Is it possible to load different profiles? Go back to OEM settings if needed?
chillin05VUE

RE: 04-07 VUE Red Line Tuning

Post by chillin05VUE »

I would love to get rid of that speed limiter. Also, getting the Vtec to engine sooner would help out when trying to pass the 2-3 trailer truck. The Honda powerplant is going to waste when it doesn't have to. There's a Genie in there just waiting for someone to rub the bottle so he can get out and work his magic :drivingbad:
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy
hellrazor

Post by hellrazor »

PPPPPLLLLLEEEAAASSSSSSSEEEEEE do this !!!!!! The 3.5 v6 VUE definitly needs some tuning help especially in first gear.
woodroej35

Post by woodroej35 »

heck yes bout time!!!! It would be pretty much amazing to get a tune out of our honda 3.5l. It would be nice to get rid of the torque limiter in first and let this engine run. Some of the things i have noticed that some ppl really want out of this is to really get rid of the TM and speed limiter, but it would be nice to be able to play with the fuel maps and changing when vtec can engage and also possibly to set like a launch control/2-step and also being able to run better fuel like e85 or something. things would be endless with these cars with a good tune. I would love to see this get done... i know i will be getting one
SaturnVUEguy

Post by SaturnVUEguy »

I would LOVE to get mine tuned, especially with my K&N intake and ported throttle body
3RedLines

Post by 3RedLines »

I have 3 so I vote YES YES YES!

Torque and speed limiters suck.....
XRL

Post by XRL »

Did I mention that I'm right down the road in Palm Beach Gardens, and drive down past you to Boca for school every week? I could easily drop the car off for you guys to work on. I could even bring it by one day and see if you guys could make a copy of the ECU files or something... Just let me know, I've got classes Tuesdays and Thursdays all Summer...
04Pacific

Post by 04Pacific »

I would definitely buy a tune for my Vue!!! With the Saturn following this would really be worth producing.
cleblanc92

Post by cleblanc92 »

I'd buy a tune for my 04 VUE RL!!
scottie2683

Post by scottie2683 »

I've got an 06 vue 3.5 and I would def buy a tune for it.
robleigh

Post by robleigh »

Tuning my 06 v6 Vue sounds great too. I would also like to find someone to adjust my standard electric power steering to the RL data settings to reduce the high boost. I have seen the RL settings in my shop manual. My Vue has eibach springs all around plus Monroe shocks. The other option needed is to be able to control the 1thru 5 shifts similar to paddles, etc.

Maybe Penske would support some of this development - who knows!

Rob Leigh