Board index DiabloSport Community Future Product Requests Since the cable is the same

Since the cable is the same

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Would is be possible to use the Trinitys cable and make an app so we can plug our iPhones and iPod Touches into the OBD-2 port? Would be alot more convenient then carrying around the Trinity.

I haven't tried, so I have no idea if the pins are the same on your cable and on Apples, so if its not possible, i guess thats okay.

Would be cool though if this could be done with the InTune software, since it looks like an iTouch anyway. 8)

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:28 pm

I seem to recall that we use PINs that they never even had mapped out, so.....not sure about that.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:15 pm

In its current state, and if jail-broken it would work as the program would have to use API's that apple has not authorized. And it would use this product as to my current knowledge the current Bluetooth OBDII are READ ONLY.

As proof of concept using the following product and given that the demonstration device is using an on-board Serial-USB converter an app may be a possibility given the time and resources to develop it.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZyvCWg2M7Q

As you can see by the video, the very old CueCat USB scanner works and functions correctly, although it act as a keyboard. The USB Camera interface provides a fully functional USB interface, and in its current design would require a jail-broken application for an app of the type you seek.

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Need to forget about the iPhone for now and work on a Android app.
Since they have already done the iPhone here for this tuner with a bluetooth device to send data to phone, I think it is: SCT iTSX Wireless Performance Tuning System for iphone/ipad/ipod touch...
And it supports the older stangs from 96->
Least with the Android you will have better options to really expand it on a better OS.

but this is just IMO...

Much rather see you guys "DiabloSport" coming out with newest cool stuff then the others.
Just wasting to get rid of my old Diablo tuner and get something new/cooler.

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:04 pm

iPhone is still the best, and best selling. And the processor on the 4S absolutely destroys the ones for all the Android phones.

Doesn't matter either way. DiabloSport is a hardware company, they aren't in the App business.

Return to Future Product Requests