2010 Camaro V6 Predator

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

loudrims_inc

2010 Camaro V6 Predator

Post by loudrims_inc »

Good afternoon, I was just wondering when you guys will come out with a Predator or Trinity for the V6 Camaro? Sry if this Q has already been asked...
mikel

RE: 2010 Camaro V6 Predator

Post by mikel »

It will make it to the Trinity eventually, problem is, there is little to nothing to gain on the engine side from tuning ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
loudrims_inc

Post by loudrims_inc »

damn, that sucks!!
aka iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL
loudrims_inc

Post by loudrims_inc »

any update on the V6 Tuner?
aka iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.... nothing to report...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
autodiag

Re: RE: 2010 Camaro V6 Predator

Post by autodiag »

mikel wrote:It will make it to the Trinity eventually, problem is, there is little to nothing to gain on the engine side from tuning ;)

Those who have been tuning it with Trifecta have had pretty good results, especially with mods on them. With the price difference and fuel economy difference many are buying the V6 and just modifiying the crap out of them. We are a CMR dealer at work and yet have considered paying the $2500 for the Trifecta tuning software which is per year/model and still requires $70 per vin after that. Even more is that we will likely be paying for that before the end of March. A release from Diablosport would be a welcome update for sure.
loudrims_inc

Post by loudrims_inc »

mikel wrote:It will make it to the Trinity eventually, problem is, there is little to nothing to gain on the engine side from tuning ;)
any updates on this?????????? Is Trifecta really the only company who can figure this out??? by the way, fyi, your wrong Mike... this trifecta tune makes a hella difference... why cant anyone else figure it out????
mikel

Post by mikel »

loudrims_inc wrote:
any updates on this?????????? Is Trifecta really the only company who can figure this out??? by the way, fyi, your wrong Mike... this trifecta tune makes a hella difference... why cant anyone else figure it out????
Are you telling me you tuned a bone stock car and saw gains? Got any dyno data?

As mentioned, we figured it out, quite q while ago.
I can flash a V6 camaro right now if i want to, we just never saw any gains to make the application worth pursuing....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
loudrims_inc

Post by loudrims_inc »

mikel wrote:
loudrims_inc wrote:
Are you telling me you tuned a bone stock car and saw gains? Got any dyno data?

As mentioned, we figured it out, quite q while ago.
I can flash a V6 camaro right now if i want to, we just never saw any gains to make the application worth pursuing....
aka iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL
loudrims_inc

RE: Re: RE: 2010 Camaro V6 Predator

Post by loudrims_inc »

With Trifecta's last update a few months ago, they now show up to a 14HP gain but i prefer a handheld tuner. Thats why i rather wait for u guys to come up with something that is comparible to theirs because I had the Predator on my 300C and loved it!
aka iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL
mikel

Post by mikel »

Wow, thats impressive, but i'd have to wonder where the power came from.....its not like we didn't try ;)

Last time I spoke with those guys (I think at PRI) they seemed to agree there were little to no gains to be had on the stockers short of trans tuning on the A6 models....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
V6LLTBOSCH

Post by V6LLTBOSCH »

Is it just a rumor on c5 or is it true that you guys are ready to work on the 10-11 V6 camaro again.

and yes, trifecta was able to pull off 14hp on a completely stock car and up to 35lb of tq off peak with long tube equipped. Hypertech just released a tune for 10-11 v6 camaro and they was able to get 6hp and 13lb of tq on a complete stock car.

So what is the deal with you guys?
mikel

Post by mikel »

I'll wait for someone to strap that hyper deal to a dyno and see what happens ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
loudrims_inc

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2010 Camaro V6 Predator

Post by loudrims_inc »

V6LLTBOSCH wrote:Is it just a rumor on c5 or is it true that you guys are ready to work on the 10-11 V6 camaro again.

and yes, trifecta was able to pull off 14hp on a completely stock car and up to 35lb of tq off peak with long tube equipped. Hypertech just released a tune for 10-11 v6 camaro and they was able to get 6hp and 13lb of tq on a complete stock car.

So what is the deal with you guys?
i guess Trifecta it is ...
aka iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL
Mike_Levy

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 2010 Camaro V6 Predator

Post by Mike_Levy »

If you go with another brand, I hope you have no plans in doing many other mods. They don't support custom tuning, so you're pretty much stuck with what you have.

Going with another product doesn't hurt anybody but yourself. You're the one spending money on the inferior product. DiabloSport doesn't lose a sale, because they don't offer anything to sell you.