Board index DiabloSport Community Future Product Requests E85 tune for 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi

E85 tune for 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 am
j0n

I would like to have my 2010 Dodge Ram Hemi used as a test vehicle for E85 tunes. I have worked with VMP Tuning and Nitrous Express on developing Ethanol Tunes for Fords. I have access to a dyno to help with datalogging if need be.

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:48 am

We dont plan to release any e85 tunes, this can be done by any CMR tuner currently.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 pm
j0n

Ah that is too bad. I know a few Dodge guys that are interested in making the switch if you decide to make the tunes.

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:59 pm

The EPA is not down with that idea ;)

ANYTHING can be custom tuned to run E85 though...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Be very careful doing this. Running E85 in an engine not made for it is suicide. In the Hemi in particular, the valves, valve guides, gaskets, o-rings, piston rings, and lots of sensors have not been properlly coated to run that nasty E85 crap.

E85 burns poorly, and as such leaves a sludgey, corrosive material inside the engine. This can kill a Hemi. It can, and has, under the right circumstances, actually eat into the engine's components.

FYI, E85 generates roughly only 70% as much explosion (power) as 87-octane gasoline (which is why you get lower hp, tq, and mpg when burning E85), so unless E85 fuel is >30% less expensive than 87-octane, you're saving yourself nothing and you're harming your engine...

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:48 am

I have to disagree with 95% of what you just said....

I've run many local cars on E85, with no negative results, from a fox body mustang/03 Cobra swap turbo, to a 94 GT running a 302 and stock fuel lines and rails, again turbocharged, to an 05 GTO n/a, and soon I'll tell you about an 1100+ rwhp TT '00 Vette that will be daily driven.

Alot of what you posted is clear internet myth. I have seen engines torn down after 100,000 miles of running E85 (non flex fuel engines) that looked perfect. There are a few drawbacks to E85, it is not for everyone, I dont run it in my Z28, nor do I have any desire to. Should I go FI with the car, I'd strongly consider it for the cost and incredible resistance to detonation. It will generally tolerate as much timing as race fuel in many cases, which makes it a great choice for many.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

11:48pm... PFFFFTT!! puuh-leeease...

:lol:
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

JSimcik wrote:
Be very careful doing this. Running E85 in an engine not made for it is suicide. In the Hemi in particular, the valves, valve guides, gaskets, o-rings, piston rings, and lots of sensors have not been properlly coated to run that nasty E85 crap.

E85 burns poorly, and as such leaves a sludgey, corrosive material inside the engine. This can kill a Hemi. It can, and has, under the right circumstances, actually eat into the engine's components.

FYI, E85 generates roughly only 70% as much explosion (power) as 87-octane gasoline (which is why you get lower hp, tq, and mpg when burning E85), so unless E85 fuel is >30% less expensive than 87-octane, you're saving yourself nothing and you're harming your engine...

Cou;dnt be more wrong, E85 burns far more complete than gasoline does. The "nasty sludge" is funk left over by gasoline that E85 is cleaning out. Not really a problem on newer stuff but it was in the 70's and 80's.

Correct about the rubber and whatnot though. But E85 can handle much more compression. Dont bash it, its just different.
'06 Silverado 5.3 Flex Fuel Z71. Flowmaster, Diablo Predator, Intake Tube, Leveled

Return to Future Product Requests