Why the need for a "Custom" tune????

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

tooch420

Why the need for a "Custom" tune????

Post by tooch420 »

Diablo sells these tuners for a reasonable yet pricey cost. I think they are well worth the money, but why is there a need to get a custom tune for extra$? The tuner should come with the most effective and efficient tune for your specific vehicle. I shouldn't have to pay someone to give me a BETTER tune than what I already paid for in the first place.
Mike_Levy

RE: Why the need for a "Custom" tune????

Post by Mike_Levy »

Because every vehicle is different. On paper they could be identical, but clearances and other miscellaneous stuff is always different. Thusly, they all act differently to tunes. The canned tunes are fine for vehicles with basic mods. For cars with more mods though, they need special work to make the most out of those mods. The canned tunes are just baselines.
06MonteSS

RE: Why the need for a "Custom" tune????

Post by 06MonteSS »

fuel used, location driven, elevation/altitude, etc etc, all make a difference man...

every vehicle runs differently, no matter if they're the same make/model/engine or not...

and like Mike_Levy said, mods/changes/upgrades, etc all make a difference...

the included tunes on the programmer are basic, general/generic tunes for stock vehicles....

and with YOUR mods:

REPLACED MECH FAN WITH DUAL ELECTRIC FANS.
E3'S
GRAN..WIRES
DUAL MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
K&N INTAKE

you would definitely want to get a custom tune... #1 - cuz you have to enable the settings in the tune file for the electric fans to begin with...

#2 - as I mentioned to you previously, ditch the E3 plugs and get stock replacements or NGK's...

#3 - ditch the granatelli wires and get ac/delco or NGK wires...

#4 - the K&N intake is going to throw off your fueling, so you need to adjust for that - which you can do basic adjustments yourself using the predator and doing some data logs, but not to the extent that can be done more precisely via a custom tune for both part-throttle and WOT...

not to mention a LOT of other things that get adjusted/tweaked in a custom tune, that aren't even available via the predator interface...

so there ya have it...

;)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net