Tuner for 07 Toyota Tundra 5.7?

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

Rut

Post by Rut »

Still here and waiting to be able to tune my Tundra...

I have to admit that it is a bit frustrating not knowing whether this will happen or not. Got anything to positive for us? lol
mikel

Post by mikel »

Nothing new to report guys, still on the table, just moved toward the back...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
fafnir

Post by fafnir »

mikel wrote:still on the table, just moved toward the back...
moved back??!?

i'm still looking forward towards this

please do what you can to make this happen

thank you

_
Leave3

Post by Leave3 »

Unless Toyota releases the codes, they get lucky or these guys can work something out with Toyota we are s.o.l . At this point only option we have are piggy backs.

You gotta figure between the tacomas, tundras, scions and other yota products out there you would
think diablo would hire someone to work on imports full time specifically, the untapped market is massive. The demand is there, but there's no one filling it.
Cater

Post by Cater »

Diablo guys will never get this, might as well hang it up. Plus we can tune our vehicles with a piggy back better than some domestic car pushing dyno Technician anyway. Programmers are not the best option anyway. Piggy-back aNd EMS's here where come.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Piggy back is the worst possible option. On current vehicles a second computer changing stuff fucks with the main ECU because it doesn't know whats going on. And with everything, including the throttle (which can decide if you live or die), being controlled by the main ECU, it really needs to know whats going on.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Cater wrote:Diablo guys will never get this, might as well hang it up. Plus we can tune our vehicles with a piggy back better than some domestic car pushing dyno Technician anyway. Programmers are not the best option anyway. Piggy-back aNd EMS's here where come.
Ummm...yeah?

LOL.

Programmers are not the best option, huh?

Thats a new one...I'd say that anyone with ANY tuning knowledge would take a flash programmer (meaning having access to the factory calibrations) over any inline device any day. Period. End of story.

Im not saying piggybacks dont have a place in the market, just not in leiu of proper tuning.

Remember, piggy backs are simply tricking the PCM into doing something it does not want to do, and thats never the best option.
Telling the PCM what to do and how to do it is MUCH better.

If piggybacks were better, the OEMs would all use 1 PCM and then control the rest with Piggybacks, but yet they still seem to want to spend millions of dollars every year to develop new PCMs...hmmmm...but what do they know?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
hiyt

Post by hiyt »

Mike_Levy wrote:Piggy back is the worst possible option. On current vehicles a second computer changing stuff fucks with the main ECU because it doesn't know whats going on. And with everything, including the throttle (which can decide if you live or die), being controlled by the main ECU, it really needs to know whats going on.
were you drunk when you typed this?
mikel

Post by mikel »

hiyt wrote:
Mike_Levy wrote:Piggy back is the worst possible option. On current vehicles a second computer changing stuff fucks with the main ECU because it doesn't know whats going on. And with everything, including the throttle (which can decide if you live or die), being controlled by the main ECU, it really needs to know whats going on.
were you drunk when you typed this?
Looks like a pretty well thought out statement....?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah.. and toyota's have enough issues with throttles as it is! :lol: :lol:
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I thought it made sense, does it not?
hiyt

Post by hiyt »

Mike_Levy wrote:I thought it made sense, does it not?
alright, it's starting to make more sense now when I'm slightly intoxicated :shock: . my apologizes. I'm sorry, but I guess what you are referring to as the second computer is the "piggyback chip", but there is a higher chance of having a throttle problem like you speak of from a reflash type unit (diablosport). than the current piggyback available as it's only ability for tuning is ignition and fuel for the tundra. To all the people with less experience with tuning, ignition and fuel changes can not affect increase in speed as it has no control over how much air goes into the engine, so extra fuel would actually decrease the idle. The reflash (diablosport) is better because it gives you a lot more features.

lets just agree piggyback vs. reflash tunes each have their own advantages and disadvantages. although i believe diablosport would have the edge on the piggyback overall.

I could continue on about the issues the trinity unit causes (which won't effect most tundras but they still may), and then you guys will stop replying here, but we need your support for a tuner now. anyway, I do think you should have a more respectful attitude towards your competitors and potential customers.
Cater

Post by Cater »

We could go back and forth all day about Piggy-Back Vs American tuning (programmer)

So i'll just put it this way. You can-not deny that EMS such as AEM, Greddy Etc is where you have your control, and can make your power. Far Superior than anything else.

I'm Here to support this only because it's another aftermarket option.
mikel

Post by mikel »

LOL at piggy back vs. american tuning!!!! Thats great. Lying to or tricking the PCM is NEVER the best option.

FYI, flash tuning is THE way of the future.
Nobody puts piggybacks on M5s, or AMGs, or Bentleys, they pull the PCM out and FLASH it. Must be the american side rubbing off on europe, lol.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Knew that was gonna happen anyway. The Europeans are using bigger displacement too. The Hemi rubbed off on AMG so much that they released their own 6.2L V8. Its just the Asians with their screwed up way of doing stuff that can't agree with the rest of the world. Them and their damn 4 and 6 cylinder motors and tiny displacements. Hey, at least Toyota tried. They have their own 5.7L. Now if they would have just tossed the OHC and given it pushrods, they'd be all set.