Jeep MK( Patriot & Compass )

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

gsthunder

Jeep MK( Patriot & Compass )

Post by gsthunder »

Any chance of getting something for the Patriot and Compass owner's out there( 07-12 )? I understand that there will be little in the way of power gains just because the engines are so small and weak to start with but a speedo calibration option would be huge and very popular. If you offered just a speedo calibration tool they would go like hot cakes.

Due to the odd ball tire sizes Jeep uses on these vehicles( everything in those sizes are passenger car class tires - just nothing out there is a real tire in OE sizes )it requires going to non stock offerings to get a real tire. These vehicles are surprisngly capable off road and over sized tires are very popular. No one offers anything to correct the speedo however.

Just a suggestion. I would buy something if it would correct my speedo. I wouldn't use the tune part but the speedo correction would be great.
Mike_Levy

RE: Jeep MK( Patriot & Compass )

Post by Mike_Levy »

I can say for sure theres not gonna be anything for 2011-2012. Nothing Mopar can be tuned for those years. And I would seriously doubt the other years too. Nobody is gonna spend $400-$600 for a speedo calibrator and 5hp. Just doesn't make financial sense.
gsthunder

Re: RE: Jeep MK( Patriot & Compass )

Post by gsthunder »

Mike_Levy wrote:I can say for sure theres not gonna be anything for 2011-2012. Nothing Mopar can be tuned for those years. And I would seriously doubt the other years too. Nobody is gonna spend $400-$600 for a speedo calibrator and 5hp. Just doesn't make financial sense.
I agree $600 is too much. A simple speedo calibrator stand alone would not be too much even if $300 I can assure you from my time on those forums. I bet some would even pay $400 for a tuner just to calibrate the speedo although I agree it is not enough to justify doing it. Tons of Patriot/Compass owners with oversized tires who desperately want to have the correct speedo/odometer readings and are willing to pay for it out there though.

Mever hurts to ask.
Pat2010

RE: Re: RE: Jeep MK( Patriot & Compass )

Post by Pat2010 »

I'd like to see something for the Patriot as well. I know of at least one 2010 FDII that had a custom tune done through another vendor, and apparently got some good gains in HP and low end torque. I understand that the torque management can be altered as well to give better off-road performance. Not looking to make this into a competition rock crawler, just give it a little more low end pull for up hill climbs.
JP4x4

Re: Jeep MK( Patriot & Compass )

Post by JP4x4 »

I'd buy one. Would love to be able to calibrate the speedo for different tires. And it wouldn't take much of a tune to boost the old 2.4L to the same specs as the new 2.4L Tigershark since the new engine only has about 6% more HP and about 4% more torque.

C'mon guys, whadaya say?

Please??