Kia Optima 2.0 Turbo

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

Tommy Gun

Re: Kia Optima 2.0 Turbo

Post by Tommy Gun »

From www.optimaforums.com

Just here to throw some support behind a tune for our ride!
sdpat

Post by sdpat »

I would definitely be interested in a Diablo tune for the Optima 2.0T. You have customer if or when it is available.
tomakicovic

Post by tomakicovic »

Gees, Dyno tested a "mail order" tune for a customer who sent his PCM out to be "tuned".

They crammed the boost in early, but the power curve is absolutely terrible.... early peak, with a hard drop, then recover etc... Desperately needs a real CMR tune.
Dodge, Ford, Chevy CMR in Calgary, AB
mikel

Post by mikel »

tomakicovic wrote:Gees, Dyno tested a "mail order" tune for a customer who sent his PCM out to be "tuned".

They crammed the boost in early, but the power curve is absolutely terrible.... early peak, with a hard drop, then recover etc... Desperately needs a real CMR tune.
who is offering the tuning?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
tomakicovic

Post by tomakicovic »

mikel wrote:
tomakicovic wrote:Gees, Dyno tested a "mail order" tune for a customer who sent his PCM out to be "tuned".

who is offering the tuning?
A company called SFR / SeoulFulRacing. My customer sent in the ECU and got it back with some "beta" tune for his cold air and exhaust system mods. All I can say, the curve was ugly. 2013 Genesis coupe. My customer tried to arrange to fly up the guy from SFR to tune a few cars on my dyno, but they insisted on 10 cars minimum, and old customers did not count!! How's that for customer service. lol. I think they had 10 total, but only 4 or 5 were new, so it doesn't look good.

Another customer came down last week with a 2011 with a Haltech plug in ECU. Very nice, but of course expensive. He had played with various tunes form a SFR, and then a Power Axel flash dealer. He reports very poor results, and the dealer claimed it was cause the software was incomplete, and half of it was still in Korean (this is what I heard, did not verify), hence why he gave up and for a basic bolt on Genesis, he went with Haltech which is only available to 2012.
tomakicovic

Post by tomakicovic »

So is this something that's looking like it may happen? Will we realistically see this soon, or is this a next season kind of thing?
mikel

Post by mikel »

We've been focused on Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 3.8 V6 applications for our next venture. From what I see, Kia/Hyundai seem to source lots of similar (same) parts, so this may lead into Kia at some point :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
tomakicovic

Post by tomakicovic »

Oh yeah. Gen coupe is what I meant. Any eta Mr. Mike?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

You're a CMR dealer. You should know by now that they never give ETAs anymore. They stopped doing that because then when they don't make the deadline, people bitch and whine. It gets annoying, products are released before they're ready and then they have problems. :normal:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
tomakicovic

Post by tomakicovic »

Oh I know, but their estimates are close enough. If they say "hoping for the fall" versus "spring next year".

I'm not looking for a month.
mikel

Post by mikel »

No ETA at all, barely even started this project :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
tomakicovic

Post by tomakicovic »

Can you read and write it yet? The sfr guys open the board and got a little stereotax type jig that lowers down and contacts some pins to read and write it.
mikel

Post by mikel »

tomakicovic wrote:Can you read and write it yet? The sfr guys open the board and got a little stereotax type jig that lowers down and contacts some pins to read and write it.
yes on the 2.0 T PCM.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
tomakicovic

Post by tomakicovic »

mikel wrote:
tomakicovic wrote:Can you read and write it yet? The sfr guys open the board and got a little stereotax type jig that lowers down and contacts some pins to read and write it.
yes on the 2.0 T PCM.
AWESOME!! lol. Jay from SFR tuned 7 cars on my dyno yesterday, man, the results looked promising. My buddies car that previously had that ugly power curve (2013) got fixed up and made 300 rwhp. I din't wanna pry, but it looked like he was partially doing it with something like Winols, complete with squigly lines and all lol.

Should be a good seller with the gains that seem possible. That damn little stock turbo on the 2013 will hold 20 psi almost to redline.

Cant wait for the Diablo version with logging and all. Woot!
tomakicovic

Post by tomakicovic »

Bump for updates..... Please.