2011+ Dodge Avenger/200 3.6l Pentastar V6 Support

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

AvengerSE36

Re: 2011+ Dodge Avenger/200 3.6l Pentastar V6 Support

Post by AvengerSE36 »

Yeah there are more guys out there asking for a 3.6L avenger/200 tune. I am wanting one very much, there are avenger owners that take passion in to their cars, and i am one of them.
Attachments
1st place trophy june 23.jpg
1st place trophy june 23.jpg (42.31 KiB) Viewed 20595 times
Mangini

Post by Mangini »

Just take our money! So many of us would love to buy one for our rides

jmm3891

Post by jmm3891 »

Yeah I'm here with y'all waiting on one myself
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (119.45 KiB) Viewed 20585 times
drksd4848

Post by drksd4848 »

mikel wrote:Do you really want to know?

Thousands :)
I get it. OK guys let me translate Mikel for you...

He's saying we'll get a tune from Diablosport for the Avenger/200 when hell freezes over.
mikel

Post by mikel »

drksd4848 wrote:
mikel wrote:Do you really want to know?

Thousands :)
I get it. OK guys let me translate Mikel for you...

He's saying we'll get a tune from Diablosport for the Avenger/200 when hell freezes over.
thats the worst interpretation I have ever heard...

Please refrain from putting words in my mouth :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
drksd4848

Post by drksd4848 »

Not putting words in your mouth, just interpreting.

It's understandable. No mid-sized family sedan has a tune from anyone. Although you'd be hard pressed to find any Camry owners asking for one, would you?
jmm3891

Post by jmm3891 »

Seriously though I would love to see the charts for people asking for a performace tune on the 300 V6 platform because that thing is a gutless pig and I sell them...

There are by far more Avenger/200 owners I have seen asking for a tune, I can understand the trucks and challengers and even the Jeeps but the avenger/200 is the only on Performance Capable vehicle that you guys havent included! We are in the process of getting a custom lightweight pulley group buy together.

What I don't understand is that you guys have already unlocked the 300/Challenger that and most of the other chrysler vehicles how much harder can it be to write a tune since you guys have already cracked the heavy encrypted system? It would be completely different if we were asking for it to be the first tune to be released and yall hadn't done any work on the Chrysler vehicles but it't not and there is a market for it as you can see by the requests people have sent in... I would be willing to bet that you will sell more to Avenger/200 owners than you will to 300 owners.. (excluding the V8 models)

Help us out guys and stop leading us on to believe that something is going to happen if yall have no intent and we will quit bugging yall..
drksd4848

Post by drksd4848 »

jmm3891 wrote:Seriously though I would love to see the charts for people asking for a performace tune on the 300 V6 platform because that thing is a gutless pig and I sell them...

There are by far more Avenger/200 owners I have seen asking for a tune, I can understand the trucks and challengers and even the Jeeps but the avenger/200 is the only on Performance Capable vehicle that you guys havent included! We are in the process of getting a custom lightweight pulley group buy together.

What I don't understand is that you guys have already unlocked the 300/Challenger that and most of the other chrysler vehicles how much harder can it be to write a tune since you guys have already cracked the heavy encrypted system? It would be completely different if we were asking for it to be the first tune to be released and yall hadn't done any work on the Chrysler vehicles but it't not and there is a market for it as you can see by the requests people have sent in... I would be willing to bet that you will sell more to Avenger/200 owners than you will to 300 owners.. (excluding the V8 models)

Help us out guys and stop leading us on to believe that something is going to happen if yall have no intent and we will quit bugging yall..
I think Mikel believes the only people who buy Avenger/200s are the fleet managers from Hertz, Avis and Enterprise.

Funny, they also buy a lot of Chargers Challengers and 300s too. But hey, what do I know?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The thing you guys are missing is that the 300/Charger V6s, although pathetic slugs, are better for performance than the 200/Avenger because they're rear drive. I've been modding and building cars for 18 years, done front drive, rear drive and all wheel drive, and front drive is, without a shadow of a doubt, the bottom feeder in the performance world. And considering that the automotive publications already complain about the Avenger/200 having too much power for their chassis and horrible torque steer, adding more is just going to make things worse.

Perhaps DiabloSport is just protecting you from the crap that Chrysler sold you? How much more can the chassis handle? How much more can the transmission handle? There are unknowns. At least with the rear drivers, they know that the chassis and drivetrain can handle more power, because the V8s have it.

Find a crappy one and give it to me for a week. If the chassis is weak, I'll bend it. NYC roads and my driving will show if it can handle stresses. If the tranny is weak, I'll kill it. I've killed more transmissions than I've owned cars. Thats how to test cars, just let me have a crack at them. :twisted:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
jmm3891

Post by jmm3891 »

Mike_Levy wrote:The thing you guys are missing is that the 300/Charger V6s, although pathetic slugs, are better for performance than the 200/Avenger because they're rear drive. I've been modding and building cars for 18 years, done front drive, rear drive and all wheel drive, and front drive is, without a shadow of a doubt, the bottom feeder in the performance world. And considering that the automotive publications already complain about the Avenger/200 having too much power for their chassis and horrible torque steer, adding more is just going to make things worse.

Perhaps DiabloSport is just protecting you from the crap that Chrysler sold you? How much more can the chassis handle? How much more can the transmission handle? There are unknowns. At least with the rear drivers, they know that the chassis and drivetrain can handle more power, because the V8s have it.

Find a crappy one and give it to me for a week. If the chassis is weak, I'll bend it. NYC roads and my driving will show if it can handle stresses. If the tranny is weak, I'll kill it. I've killed more transmissions than I've owned cars. Thats how to test cars, just let me have a crack at them. :twisted:

First off the torque steer was easily corrected with a different tire change other than the crappy LS2 that chrysler gave us, second of all it is not Diablosports job to protect us from putting to much power into the car, we take on that chance when you do anything performance aftermarket and we understand that.

I live in texas back in the sticks and I can tell you that it has held up well. I am extremely hard on my car and the tranny and so far with 38k miles on it, it has yet to give me any problems with the tranny overheating or anything. We have somebody that is already shotting NOS into his 200 and let me tell you it was impressive...

We aren't looking for a fight with anybody on here or trying to be dicks we just want to understand why we are the only chrysler car without support for a tuner when you guys have already cracked the other heavy encrypted systems.. It can be that much harder since you already know how to do it.

We have the performance to keep up with everybody just need a tuner for us to start adding turbo's and actually help us that have spent the money on the exhaust and what not.

We
jmm3891

Post by jmm3891 »

Just looking for an update on tuner
mikel

Post by mikel »

jmm3891 wrote:
Mike_Levy wrote:The thing you guys are missing is that the 300/Charger V6s, although pathetic slugs, are better for performance than the 200/Avenger because they're rear drive. I've been modding and building cars for 18 years, done front drive, rear drive and all wheel drive, and front drive is, without a shadow of a doubt, the bottom feeder in the performance world. And considering that the automotive publications already complain about the Avenger/200 having too much power for their chassis and horrible torque steer, adding more is just going to make things worse.

First off the torque steer was easily corrected with a different tire change other than the crappy LS2 that chrysler gave us, second of all it is not Diablosports job to protect us from putting to much power into the car, we take on that chance when you do anything performance aftermarket and we understand that.

I live in texas back in the sticks and I can tell you that it has held up well. I am extremely hard on my car and the tranny and so far with 38k miles on it, it has yet to give me any problems with the tranny overheating or anything. We have somebody that is already shotting NOS into his 200 and let me tell you it was impressive...

We aren't looking for a fight with anybody on here or trying to be dicks we just want to understand why we are the only chrysler car without support for a tuner when you guys have already cracked the other heavy encrypted systems.. It can be that much harder since you already know how to do it.

We have the performance to keep up with everybody just need a tuner for us to start adding turbo's and actually help us that have spent the money on the exhaust and what not.

We
creating templates (mapping out each calibration) for any new application is a massive, time consuming effort. it is 75% of the time we spend 'doing stuff' here. The time needed to create templates for Avenger is exactly the same as the time needed to add things that sell by the 1000s, like 2013 Ram, 2014 Charger, Challenger, 300, etc. Then there are different templates for every ram cal, and each engine has 2 or 3 different available cals, so you need templates for V6 Rams, V8 Rams, V6 cars, 5.7 cars, 6.4 cars, V6 SUVs, 5.7 SUVs.....it goes on forever.

Nobody is trying to belittle you guys, and we want to make and sell as many tunes as we possibly can, but we have to weigh large projects that keep the doors open with smaller ones that we 'can' add, like Avenger, Dakota, etc.

Patience is key :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jmm3891

Post by jmm3891 »

mikel wrote:
jmm3891 wrote:

We
creating templates (mapping out each calibration) for any new application is a massive, time consuming effort. it is 75% of the time we spend 'doing stuff' here. The time needed to create templates for Avenger is exactly the same as the time needed to add things that sell by the 1000s, like 2013 Ram, 2014 Charger, Challenger, 300, etc. Then there are different templates for every ram cal, and each engine has 2 or 3 different available cals, so you need templates for V6 Rams, V8 Rams, V6 cars, 5.7 cars, 6.4 cars, V6 SUVs, 5.7 SUVs.....it goes on forever.

Nobody is trying to belittle you guys, and we want to make and sell as many tunes as we possibly can, but we have to weigh large projects that keep the doors open with smaller ones that we 'can' add, like Avenger, Dakota, etc.

Patience is key :)
I completely understand that, its just business and I get that! We are just trying to figure out if we are going to get tunes because frankly if we arent I will consider trading the car. I love the Look of my chrysler as it is definitely underestimated!

All we ask is that you keep us informed
AvengerSE36

Post by AvengerSE36 »

Yeah we just want updates is all, and not being told soon soon and then 2yrs pass and nothing yet, is all. I seriously want a tuner and can't wait till you guys release one for the 200/avenger 3.6's. We definetly have more people modding the fwd 3.6's now a days, including myself. I have sponsors like K&N and R1 rotors on my car and have several more to come. Surely our cars are getting more noticable by the day. But hey patience is virtue, so be it. All we ask is updates, i know you can't update all the time, but alittle chart on your website saying what cars are being worked on so we know it's coming. So we can leave all you guys alone lol. Just a suggestion. Hope to hear of a tune soon for the 200/avenger 3.6's :)
BRR

Post by BRR »

Bump back to the top….
The tune on the Challenger or any other RWD app will be the same as the FWD apps. The biggest difference is the transmission…
In RWD aps, the trans can handle more torque and HP. The FWD people have the 6speed ATX, which does have a torque limit and I'm guessing DiabloSport does not want to get involved with it as there could be a liable issue.

Now that thats behind, Mike, My RT fully loaded Avenger also has the Mopar CAI and Catback. If you need a vehicle for testing and there is an available shop you can get the recordings from, feel free to use my vehicle for practice.
I have the stock exhaust and intake if needed to be reinstalled for testing…

Thanks again