Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo Tuner

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

garrett
Site Admin

Re: Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo Tuner

Post by garrett »

mikel wrote:
shadowshaggy wrote:So now it's March, and yet to have any word from DS on this....curious, there's 3 handheld tuners being developed by 3 different companies; and the tune these handhelds are based on is looking in the +50whp range, and you'll be able to request the tune based on the mods you have.

So DS, still not enough interest for you guys? The bench tune has been out for 90 days, with one or two minor exceptions doing very well. There's a flash tune from a Mini tuner that's available right now, just working on compiling more ECU combinations; there's another to be released the end of the month; and yet another early April.

For some reason, I feel like I've been blown off and now there's 3 totally different companies working on a product. Good luck getting in the game late, assuming DS still has any interest in our market. But I see the Fiesta ST, that just came to the U.S. Market is getting attention. Good luck again, hope you guys have fun with that.

It it sounds a little rude, oh well :mrgreen: I disprove of how it was handled several months ago, and being tossed to the side like I didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
You do realize there are lots of vehicles we'd like to support, that we dont support currently, right?
Its about time/resopurces/cost/available info, and more. its not about someone asking for it :)
If thats all it took, we'd be all over the place trying to get everything int he world supported. You have to focus on things. Why do you think nobody else covers HEMI like we do? Its not easy :)
Same as us having support for certain vehicles that nobody else does, while others have vehicles covered that we dont, its always going to be that way.

to be honest, if there are really 3 other handhelds in development, its going to be a crowded market, and I'm happy that we are moving toward the Hyundai stuff, where there will be no competition for us in the immediate future :)

Thanks
Hardkor1121

Post by Hardkor1121 »

Honestly I haven't the slightest clue what anyone is talking ab out with other companies making flash tuners.. but I surely haven't seen anything about tuners for the dart beyond DS. So rather than trying to rush it with empty threats.. you should consider occasionally supporting the idea that you still have interest rather than attacking them. That is more likely to turn them off of the idea when they would be the best option available upon launch. . I for one understand how business works.

So to DS. Please continue development if it has started. And if not. Just give us an update as soon as you can so we know we haven't been forgotten

P.S. I know this is the abarth thread, but it goes hand in hand with darts the way I look at it. Because once there's a tuner for abarth, it will only take tweaking to account for weight and some minor output differences in testing to perfect it for dart as well
MicroBeast13

Post by MicroBeast13 »

Another Vote for the Abarth tuner! I think it could be a good seller. I for one would grab one. I like your other products I've got to play with. I hope you make it, but if you don't, you still make a great product.
bullard2788

Post by bullard2788 »

Count me in, I would buy one with out hesitation. Already used diablosport for my mustang, now make my Abarth fast.
badlittlemunky

Post by badlittlemunky »

Since Jeep is going to be using the 1.4L Turbo in the Renegade, I suspect that there may yet another reason to consider a tuner for the engine. I wouldn't hesitate to make it one of my first purchases for the Renegade, once it's in my driveway. The tuner is something I'd need before I could even seriously consider larger than stock tires and all of the other mods that would be required to fit them under the Jeep.

Supposedly, the outlook for the Renegade is really good. Its price point and decent off-road capabilities should make it really popular. And, since it's a Jeep, Renegade owners are going to want to mod the crap out of them.

If you make the tuner, it will sell.

:twisted:
quarky42

Post by quarky42 »

I'd be very interested for a tune that was compatible with my 2013 Dodge Dart 1.4L MultiAir Turbo (close cousin to the Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo).

I came to DiabloSport because I have their product for my Magnum SRT8 and was hoping they would have already had something for the Dodge Dart.

I've got a CAI, New Intercooler Piping. An exhaust is coming in this week and I was about to buy a high flow cat, but without proper tuning available my plans might be on hold...
crdobbins

Post by crdobbins »

Count me in, I will just patiently wait for a plug in tuner now. Don't worry, I will stay stock before I use one of those piggyback units that are currently being offered.

Just thought I should toss in this info. In late 2015 five cars will have this engine in it.
(Abarth 500/500t, Dodge Dart Aero, Jeep Renegade, Fiat 500x, Fiat 500L) That is a big family!
quarky42

Post by quarky42 »

We really need a tune to be able to take SAFELY take advantage of all the mods that are out there. These cars run too lean (stock tune) when you make them free flow air too much (CAI, Intercooler, Down Pipe, Exhaust, etc etc.) We need to be able to tune these per the mods we have so we can run the proper fueling AND make more power. Hopefully Diablo will start listening....