Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo Tuner

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

shadowshaggy

Re: Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo Tuner

Post by shadowshaggy »

Well, we managed 79 for November. Not the goal, but closer than expected. Rally the troops throughout the rest of December and see what support we can gather this month.
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

At 82 now, hey DS kinda thought I would hear something from an Admin by now again....
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

Believe me, we are paying attention to the forum. What i dont understand is your numbers. For example, 6 of those posts on fiat owners site are from the same users, you, bofh, and the admin said yes to both polls. i dont have the ability to look at the fiat usa forum but i can imagine the same would be true there, as well as a copy over for users on both boards. Again, we have items that are on the list of whats being worked on now, if it becomes apparent that the market is there we will look into it further. Status updates daily are not needed.
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

I happened to be going over various other things at the time and decided to put the info there. Yes I voted in the polls, not gonna try to deny it. As I'm probably going to buy a 500L in February, that's a valid vote from my perspective. Not every Fiat owner only has 1 Fiat. Some owners have 3 or 4 of them; kids, wife, etc. They don't get to vote multiple times per place the poll is posted despite owning more than 1 Fiat, and the fact that a few people voted in more than one poll doesn't tragically skew the results. Every other poll in the world is +-4% usually. So for giggles, take off 10% when it's all said and done and you still have a decent number.

What I really want to know from DS: Are you guys really going to take this project serious?

I don't mean to be rude, I really want to see a product from you guys I really do. But if all we're ever going to get told, like several other threads in this same section, "rally support and we'll see" or insert random stereotypical answer, then we will pursue other vendors for the product we want.

Now there's a tuner company that's worked with Mini's for years, that we've gotten the attention of and he's already started on the project. They're among 4 other tuning companies that this project is in their immediate radar, not "eventually when our current list of projects is taken care of", don't bring show to a go fight DS.

It'll be good to see you come up with a product, but if it's going to be 6-8 months before you start the R&D then you'll be low on the totem pole of marketed plug-in tuners.

We've shown that we're serious about the product, we just need the same from you guys. I realize you have other projects you're working on, like the Genesis 2.0T, but unless you seriously only have like 3 people in the R&D department; one tends to assume you're working on several projects simultaneously. Can we get a real answer from you guys? "Again, we have items that are on the list of whats being worked on now, if it becomes apparent that the market is there we will look into it further" is not what's normally defined as a real answer. If we're not on your radar/list by now to be worked on, then obviously your not going to be the first or second to develop a tuner for the cars.

I'm not going to buy 3 or 4 different flash tuners, I value my money more than that. But I'll spend $400-500 for a proper flash tuner from a reputable company. So we'll see where this lands after you guys read this. I honestly expect a similar response to what I've gotten already. I'll discontinue my posting in this forum until I have either a large number of people to point you to or you release a tuner of some sort or someone else beats you to it. Thank you for your time Admins.

I expect a negative response from this post, so if it's deleted or negatively retorted, I'll hold true to my above statement; I won't say another word here until one of those three things happens.
DaILLestWun

Post by DaILLestWun »

I'd just like to say that I got similar responses a few years back when I was trying to rally interest for a V6 LX tuner. The thread is on ere somewhere. And when I had finally lost hope, out of the blue they had said they were ready for us. I was one of the test vehicles. So from experience I'd suggest not asking for a status update every day or even every week. I'm trying to gauge interest now on the Veloster Turbo and I know it will take time. I do ask for an update every so often but learned from the first go around.

And going back to the LX's, yes other companies came out with their own tuners or chips before DS and many purchased those because they could not wait for the PRedator to be released. Many of those same people ended up posting "for sale" ads on the forums trying to sell their tuner in order to get DS's.

In the end of the day it os based upon a business standpoint. So I suggest you simply have those that are interested sign onto this forum and express their interest. Leave all negative remarks out since it won't help any.

Just sayin...
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

DaILLestWun wrote:I'd just like to say that I got similar responses a few years back when I was trying to rally interest for a V6 LX tuner. The thread is on ere somewhere. And when I had finally lost hope, out of the blue they had said they were ready for us. I was one of the test vehicles. So from experience I'd suggest not asking for a status update every day or even every week. I'm trying to gauge interest now on the Veloster Turbo and I know it will take time. I do ask for an update every so often but learned from the first go around.

And going back to the LX's, yes other companies came out with their own tuners or chips before DS and many purchased those because they could not wait for the PRedator to be released. Many of those same people ended up posting "for sale" ads on the forums trying to sell their tuner in order to get DS's.

In the end of the day it os based upon a business standpoint. So I suggest you simply have those that are interested sign onto this forum and express their interest. Leave all negative remarks out since it won't help any.

Just sayin...

Sorry for breaking my promise, but this needed a response.

I get your point, I'm just asking for a realistic goal. I don't want some garbage answer like I've gotten so far. I have to make a lot of business decision in my business as well, but I give people real answers. Not "make some noise and we'll go from there", that's nonsense to me. If you told me that it'll be approximately May before you delve further into trying to tune one of these, that's a schedule and a real answer. If May rolls around and it got delayed, it got delayed - move to another realistic goal. Arbitrary goals are stupid and don't make good business sense.

I've tried to leave the negative remarks out of the conversation and keep them to myself. I've said a few things that were unnecessary, but DS has done me the same disservice as well. I've gotten the attention of several of the Admins here already, I know they're paying attention to it. I don't want or expect them to drop everything and work on the Abarth's, but I do want and expect some sort of realistic goal. If they had been tuning for 2 years, I wouldn't expect a realistic answer. As that's not the case, they clearly have some sort of expectation as to how long it'll take to finish a project and get moving on to the next - that makes good business sense also.

That's all I have to say for the time being, if I get an answer from DS then I get one; if not, oh well. I've gotten to the point I'm tired of trying to get one. So again, this will be my two cents for the foreseeable future in this thread. I've got support, I've got other companies already in process of working on cracking the ECM coding so they can develop a tuner. I guess we'll have to play the hurry up and wait game for someone to actually step up and own this project. Thank you for your time.
mikel

Post by mikel »

DaILLestWun wrote:I'd just like to say that I got similar responses a few years back when I was trying to rally interest for a V6 LX tuner. The thread is on ere somewhere. And when I had finally lost hope, out of the blue they had said they were ready for us. I was one of the test vehicles. So from experience I'd suggest not asking for a status update every day or even every week. I'm trying to gauge interest now on the Veloster Turbo and I know it will take time. I do ask for an update every so often but learned from the first go around.

Just sayin...
How incredibly true. You're taking me back now.....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DaILLestWun

Post by DaILLestWun »

Yeah man. BTW, why the heck didn't you respond to my thread?!?! LMFAO! Just joking.

Sorta... :lol:
Nahu

Post by Nahu »

Just wanted to post my interest for the 1.4T Dodge Dart platform, I know that you need more people so just add me to the list. I'm currently running full bolt-on's and need a tune bad... there is another company out there (wont name names but they have a terrible track record) that is making tunes and it just wont cut it for my Dart.

I will be first on the list to purchase a Tune from you guys when they become available (if they become available) and I also work for a Dodge Dart dedicated performance company and would love to support/advertise/sell your products as well. if you have any questions and would like to talk or need anymore feedback from me please don't hesitate.

thanks for all your time and effort in making the best tunes available.

Alan
www.daneracingproducts.com
www.facebook.com/daneracingproducts.com
instagram: @daneracingproducts
dodge-dart.org member "Nahu"
Hardkor1121

Post by Hardkor1121 »

I know it's not a fiat but I know it's the same thing.. I have a 1.4t dart and I've been waiting since the car released to get it tuned.. I have a first gen rallye.. and its just lacking in both power and boost.. The surge is insane. I know for sure that I and a few more owners in the area are looking for something to solve our countless problems with the stock tune. Keep the updates coming
Jayzsun

Post by Jayzsun »

Add me in the list!
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

So now it's March, and yet to have any word from DS on this....curious, there's 3 handheld tuners being developed by 3 different companies; and the tune these handhelds are based on is looking in the +50whp range, and you'll be able to request the tune based on the mods you have.

So DS, still not enough interest for you guys? The bench tune has been out for 90 days, with one or two minor exceptions doing very well. There's a flash tune from a Mini tuner that's available right now, just working on compiling more ECU combinations; there's another to be released the end of the month; and yet another early April.

For some reason, I feel like I've been blown off and now there's 3 totally different companies working on a product. Good luck getting in the game late, assuming DS still has any interest in our market. But I see the Fiesta ST, that just came to the U.S. Market is getting attention. Good luck again, hope you guys have fun with that.

It it sounds a little rude, oh well :mrgreen: I disprove of how it was handled several months ago, and being tossed to the side like I didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
mikel

Post by mikel »

shadowshaggy wrote:So now it's March, and yet to have any word from DS on this....curious, there's 3 handheld tuners being developed by 3 different companies; and the tune these handhelds are based on is looking in the +50whp range, and you'll be able to request the tune based on the mods you have.

So DS, still not enough interest for you guys? The bench tune has been out for 90 days, with one or two minor exceptions doing very well. There's a flash tune from a Mini tuner that's available right now, just working on compiling more ECU combinations; there's another to be released the end of the month; and yet another early April.

For some reason, I feel like I've been blown off and now there's 3 totally different companies working on a product. Good luck getting in the game late, assuming DS still has any interest in our market. But I see the Fiesta ST, that just came to the U.S. Market is getting attention. Good luck again, hope you guys have fun with that.

It it sounds a little rude, oh well :mrgreen: I disprove of how it was handled several months ago, and being tossed to the side like I didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
You do realize there are lots of vehicles we'd like to support, that we dont support currently, right?
Its about time/resopurces/cost/available info, and more. its not about someone asking for it :)
If thats all it took, we'd be all over the place trying to get everything int he world supported. You have to focus on things. Why do you think nobody else covers HEMI like we do? Its not easy :)
Same as us having support for certain vehicles that nobody else does, while others have vehicles covered that we dont, its always going to be that way.

to be honest, if there are really 3 other handhelds in development, its going to be a crowded market, and I'm happy that we are moving toward the Hyundai stuff, where there will be no competition for us in the immediate future :)

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

There was no competition several months ago....

But enough is enough I suppose, I tried; more or less got ignored. I realize you guys have other "better" things that you're doing, but apparently you expect us all to believe you only have like 3 guys that are capable of working on tuning projects. If that's the case, fine no biggie. But there are 3 separate people that jumped on this project with 2-3 person teams and in less than 90 days have a product ready for the market in the next 2 weeks.

Vas is the one specifically being referred to here, if I were to be pointing fingers; but the whole reason I was anything other than ignorned is because of me making a big deal of how I was treated....not a good indication on DS's part in the slightest.

So I suppose that the Abarth/500T/500L/Dart 1.4T community shall stop bothering you guys with our request, because 3 tuners is a crowd. It's a shame really, could have been interesting. Oh well, off to chase our 300whp goal elsewhere.

Feel free to close this thread if DS really has no interest in this project, would have been great to have been told that months ago. Thanks for that.
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

garrett wrote:Believe me, we are paying attention to the forum......Again, we have items that are on the list of whats being worked on now, if it becomes apparent that the market is there we will look into it further. Status updates daily are not needed.
Care to look again?

This is my last post here, I promise.