Audi 3.0T

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

Mike_Levy

Re: Audi 3.0T

Post by Mike_Levy »

smackdownsrt wrote:
Mike_Levy wrote:
smackdownsrt wrote:
Hopefully not every engineer is a dumb fuck like the one that tuned the SRT8. ST and LT KNK stock! Even with good gas.

But how do you know if you can't log or monitor? I don't like working blind like that.
TheMoreYouKnow.gif!

Keep the license plate pipes and cheeseburger for the 7 series bimmer your smug, pompous ass will get back into.
Nah, not gonna do that. A loud exhaust is unbecoming of a 750. And that halfassed piggyback unit ain't going on either. If I end up in another V8 BMW (maybe, maybe not), then I'll just have to work on getting people here to bug them for a tune for that too. :mrgreen:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:
smackdownsrt wrote: Who you kidding? You'll be trading it in the day you have a dollar in equity. So WGAF about tuning the Audi when you'll be Audi 5000 in a few months anyway.
Maybe not a dollar, but yeah, its not gonna last too long in my collection. I've never been all that comfortable driving it, unlike the BMWs which I could get in and be flinging them around in a matter of minutes. The Audi just feels fragile to me. I feel like if I drive it hard, rev it and beat on it that I'm gonna break something.

I still want more power though for the time I have it.
Then it'll be another $500+ part that you can't sell or would take a loss on. At least "going down" to the bimmer, you save $200 a month. That's a lot of krispy kreme! Then there's also which is easier to gimp in and out of.
...to be supported by Diablosport...
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

smackdownsrt wrote: Then it'll be another $500+ part that you can't sell or would take a loss on. At least "going down" to the bimmer, you save $200 a month. That's a lot of krispy kreme! Then there's also which is easier to gimp in and out of.
I won't be saving anything a month. Wouldn't get anything older than a 2013, which are still close to $75-80k. Getting older would mean being stuck with the 6 speed, which would get the same shitty mileage the X5M did.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:
smackdownsrt wrote:
Mike_Levy wrote:But how do you know if you can't log or monitor? I don't like working blind like that.
TheMoreYouKnow.gif!

Keep the license plate pipes and cheeseburger for the 7 series bimmer your smug, pompous ass will get back into.
Nah, not gonna do that. A loud exhaust is unbecoming of a 750. And that halfassed piggyback unit ain't going on either. If I end up in another V8 BMW (maybe, maybe not), then I'll just have to work on getting people here to bug them for a tune for that too. :mrgreen:
But...
Mike_Levy wrote:I still want more power though for the time I have it.
And by V8 BMW you mean the new M5. Right? I'll take that off your hands after you're done with it in a few months! :mrgreen:
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:
smackdownsrt wrote: Then it'll be another $500+ part that you can't sell or would take a loss on. At least "going down" to the bimmer, you save $200 a month. That's a lot of krispy kreme! Then there's also which is easier to gimp in and out of.
I won't be saving anything a month. Wouldn't get anything older than a 2013, which are still close to $75-80k. Getting older would mean being stuck with the 6 speed, which would get the same shitty mileage the X5M did.
:o Plus the $5K loss on trade and hello mortgage payment!
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

smackdownsrt wrote:
And by V8 BMW you mean the new M5. Right? I'll take that off your hands after you're done with it in a few months! :mrgreen:
I told you, no more 2wd anything. Unless BMW releases an Xdrive M5, which they said they weren't, its not happening.

Any BMW I get will have to be an XDrive, either a 550GT or a 750Li for a V8, or a 740Li for a straight 6.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

smackdownsrt wrote:
Hence the point of waiting until I'm positive on the Audi. And given BMWs high depreciation, a 2013 750 should be down to around $60k by July or August, and a 740 even lower.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:
smackdownsrt wrote:
I told you, no more 2wd anything. Unless BMW releases an Xdrive M5, which they said they weren't, its not happening.

Any BMW I get will have to be an XDrive, either a 550GT or a 750Li for a V8, or a 740Li for a straight 6.
You were looking at the 750Li, should have just went with that since that's what you wanted. Now you're stuck with the Audi. First world problems!
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:
smackdownsrt wrote:
Hence the point of waiting until I'm positive on the Audi. And given BMWs high depreciation, a 2013 750 should be down to around $60k by July or August, and a 740 even lower.
I can smell the krispy kreme already!
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

smackdownsrt wrote:
You were looking at the 750Li, should have just went with that since that's what you wanted. Now you're stuck with the Audi. First world problems!
I couldn't. They were and are too expensive still. I was looking at them when I thought BMW wasn't gonna be a bunch of pricks and were gonna take the POS back. When they didn't, I lost $12.5k.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:
smackdownsrt wrote:
I couldn't. They were and are too expensive still. I was looking at them when I thought BMW wasn't gonna be a bunch of pricks and were gonna take the POS back. When they didn't, I lost $12.5k.
Nah! You were looking at the X5M when you wanted to trade the V, but settled on the Pukon. FF a few months later and you traded that bitch in for the X5M you wanted from the beginning. Then when you were wanting to trade in the X5M, you were looking at the 750Li which you liked as a loaner, so a fully optioned one would only be better. But, FF a few months later, again, you settled on the Audi. You're not learning from your history, so you are doomed to repeat it over and over again! :punisher: So...
Mike_Levy wrote:Just do it then!
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Yes, I'm repeating it. But what I want, and what I can afford are 2 different things. Gotta get what I can afford, until I can afford what I want.

And the loaner was a 740Li, and I hated the tiny mirrors.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:Yes, I'm repeating it. But what I want, and what I can afford are 2 different things. Gotta get what I can afford, until I can afford what I want.

And the loaner was a 740Li, and I hated the tiny mirrors.
But you keep taking losses to get what you want after you settle, so it doesn't make no sense!

We are prob used to the large as mirrors that came on the SRT8. Or all mirrors are tiny now. I just had to make that mad dash to get blind spot mirrors for the Vette, even if it cost me a 30 min detour, since I couldn't see shit.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The losses on these past 3 cars alone could have bought a pretty nice car;
$19k on the V
$9500 on the Denali
$12.5k on the X5M

Thats $41,000 in losses in just over 2 years!! All of a sudden, I feel sick. :blowup:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:The losses on these past 3 cars alone could have bought a pretty nice car;
$19k on the V
$9500 on the Denali
$12.5k on the X5M

Thats $41,000 in losses in just over 2 years!! All of a sudden, I feel sick. :blowup:
Mike_Levy wrote:I know all about it.
What would $41K buy you? (besides a krispy kreme franchise, obv!)

The V you bought new, so that loss was to be expected. And values were dropping so it's no wonder I got out when I did. You bough the Denali at close to new pricing as well. Bimmers don't hold their value for shit which is why you got a $100K truck for so cheap. Also factor in at least $5K each since you traded in opposed to selling privately to get the tax discount.