Anybody want my V?

The DiabloSport Lounge

Moderator: mikel

smackdownsrt

Re: Anybody want my V?

Post by smackdownsrt »

Nope, that's dexos. Apparently it's a blend, not full. No wonder it's free, only costs $25 with filter, $45 list.

...to be supported by Diablosport...
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Domestic Mobil 1 isn't full synthetic either. They may claim it is, but testing proved it isn't. The Mobil 1 they get in Europe is full synthetic. Same with Castrol. We get a blend, they get full synthetic.
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

OT: He finally got back to me. Apparently he's getting it extrude hone. Extrude hone an Arrington though? Doesn't matter since I went from $65 shipping to CA to $15 shipping to PA. :mrgreen:
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

I think I found an upper and lower grilles! What did you think was a good price?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Ahh, Extrude Honing. I didn't know Arrington did that.

Good price on the grilles would be anything south of $200. They're ridiculously priced through GM, so they're ridiculously priced secondhand too.
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

They didn't. It's an Extrude Hone Co. in PA. Just why would you extrude hone an already ported intake? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a used core instead?

Yeah, I found a set for $115 shipped, supposedly they are GM and new. I guess that's a good price then. I was looking at a/m since it doesn't have the Cadillac crest.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Extrude Honing only does inside the runners. They can't gasket match or anything. So if you do both, you get the best of both worlds. Its gonna suck at low rpms though. The ports are too smooth and the air doesn't flow right unless its filling the ports. At low rpm where theres not as much air and low velocity, the torque is gonna be mushy as hell.

A/M grilles are not a good idea, because they don't come apart. Thats the beauty of the stockers. You can unscrew the mesh, remove it and just paint it, leaving the chrome untouched. Plus the car looks naked without the crest.
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Passed on the grilles, auction is still open for another few days, so I might bid on it. But I did find a nice cheap rear tire. Now I can do a decent burnout.

Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

You're abusing her. I did not a single burnout in that car, and now you're beating on her and doing tons of them. :cry:
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Why are there so many grilles on eBay? Did one of the major companies just release a new one?
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

LOL! You were way more aggressive with it. I could tell just by looking at the tires since they had the same wear as the V Labs tires, so you were whipping around corners left and right. :wink:

There is a waterbox at Atco, so you "have" to do a burnout, at least to get the water off. I didn't do big burnouts, there is no rubber in the wheel well, unlike the SRT8 I traded in. That was the definition of "beating" ;)

Not sure, haven't noticed that many. The 2013s came out with an optional black chrome grille.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I drove it hard, but never did a burnout. It was designed to be driven hard. And even if it wasn't, I probably still would. I do the same thing with the Denali, taking the twisties less then 5mph slower then the V. Don't be surprised if you read that I roofed/rolled it one day. :drivingbad:

I like the black grilles from Caddy, but have you seen the prices???!?!! $870?? Ridiculous. Plus, I think the chrome doesn't look as good on the mesh as flat black
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Exactly!

What about a set of springs to lower it or would that defeat the purpose and make it bottom out?

Yeah, crazy. But easy to tack on when you're spending $70K, it's a drop in the bucket Mr. need every option for $7K; paint $1K, trim $600, wheels $800, calipers $600, suede $300, seats $3400, roof $1K.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Hell no. Actually I was looking at raising it 4" in front and 2" in back to level it. I like the commanding view of the road and being higher then everyone else.

$870 is $870. If there was a purpose to it, I could see it. But there isn't. Spend like $200 at a body shop and they can spray all the chrome black, front, sides and back. Besides, I don't have to have all the options. I'm missing the one I really wanted on the Yukon..... the power retracting running boards. :(
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

I figured as much. How would that look with the stock wheels?

Yeah, but it's still an expensive option like everything else. Do you still have the window sticker? I remember there being a discount with the BDE pkg.