Intune on my 2012 Silverado

The DiabloSport Lounge

Moderator: mikel

tjripper14

Intune on my 2012 Silverado

Post by tjripper14 »

Just wanted to share my story with the folks at Diablosport and all the CHEVY guys out there. I've got a 12 Silverado with exhaust, CAI, TB spacer, 33.5 tires, a bit of chrome and of course the Intune 1000. Been working with LEW a bit trying to get the truck dialed in and boy have I got a couple good tunes. My 87 Octane tune is MONEY, I mean this thing just rages and pulls like a beast. I had to see how good she really was so I was driving down Telegraph Rd here in Dearborn Heights, MI Thursday August 8th in the evening and a new F150 ecoboost comes by at about mach 10 so I thought this is the guy i'm gonna use as my test, so I caught up to him, did a little surging back and forth and finally caught a light and I mean we had to just about lock them up to catch the light. Now keep in mind this is going to be the first time I slam that gas to the floor(I've put it down before but I roll on it) so light turns green and truck spins them good and kicks a little sideways but shoots out in front of the ecoboost, then my TC kicks in so she bogs till the wheels stop turning. Of course by this time the Ecoboost that crawled from the start lunged in front of me but when that Chevy got rolling again I immediately was on him and pulled harder through first and second gear. Now keep in mind if TC hadn't come on I would prob be a good 3/4 car ahead through second gear. It wasn't till we shifted to third gear that the Twin Turbo Ecoboost started to pull ahead and finish at about 90 mph where he put about 1/2 car between us at max. Again we are talking the 87 Tune that I adjusted myself, not the LEW tune and she ran that hard. Since then I dialed in the Diablo tune and notice that that 3rd gear feels a bit better, curios where that ecoboost is now. I am really blown away at how much power I have gained through the RPM range and wonder what true numbers I might get on a dyno. Got my guy on the east side I may have to visit.
mikel

Re: Intune on my 2012 Silverado

Post by mikel »

get some 93 in there with a diablew tune and go find that eco boost and do an ego bruise!!

Thanks for sharing!
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Re: Intune on my 2012 Silverado

Post by 06MonteSS »

nice! :twisted:
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net