Congrats to JPC Racing, 7 second Coyote!!

The DiabloSport Lounge

Moderator: mikel

mikel

Congrats to JPC Racing, 7 second Coyote!!

Post by mikel »

The guys at JPC decided to showcase their single turbo kit for the new 5.0s, and so they bolted one on to their DiabloSport sponsored 2011 GT, took it to the 5.0 showdown held by the NMCA last week, and set a world record with an 8.0x pass....of course, that wasn't enough for the JPC guys, being so close to the 7s.
They went back to the track this week, dialed it in a little more, and this was the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAwilAAMB6M

A truly amazing feat, especially for a single 76mm turbo and a stock PCM :drivingbad:

:twisted:
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Re: Congrats to JPC Racing, 7 second Coyote!!

Post by Mike_Levy »

Must be nice to have an unlimited budget to work with. :cry:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Thats far from an unlimited budget car...the turbo kit costs less than the blower kit it replaced, and the motor has relatively simple components in it, similar to most built Coyotes. Powerglides are cheap :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Runs a Powerglide? So its a gutted track only car? Not to make light of the achievement, but I'd be more impressed if it was a street car with a nice luxurious interior..... Well, as nice as a Mustang can be. Smackdown rented one yesterday to go pick up his Vette, and I'm not sure which one has cheaper plastics or rattled more on the trip.

I dunno. For some reason gutted, purpose built, race cars don't impress me in the least. It just seems like anybody can build a fast race car. Hell, there are 8 second FWD Grand Prix's, 7 second Civics, etc. Do it for the street, 49 state street legal, and can be daily driven, then I'm impressed.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote:Runs a Powerglide? So its a gutted track only car? Not to make light of the achievement, but I'd be more impressed if it was a street car with a nice luxurious interior..... Well, as nice as a Mustang can be. Smackdown rented one yesterday to go pick up his Vette, and I'm not sure which one has cheaper plastics or rattled more on the trip.

I dunno. For some reason gutted, purpose built, race cars don't impress me in the least. It just seems like anybody can build a fast race car. Hell, there are 8 second FWD Grand Prix's, 7 second Civics, etc. Do it for the street, 49 state street legal, and can be daily driven, then I'm impressed.
He sent us pics of it on the road, getting 27 MPG, on the way to the track, you make too many assumptions :)

7 second street cars are a rarity no matter where you are...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Like to know how he managed 27mpg without an overdrive gear. Going up to RI in the V6 Mustang we didn't even get that. And coming back down in the Vette we only got 26.x mpg.

Happy, no assumption? Seems very fishy though.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Could have pushed for the Prius. :wink: But the Mustang got 30 mpg to Jersey. From there to you to Providence was under 27 mpg, must have been driving through the shitty and extra 325lbs :P 26 mpg to RI, 200 miles @ 7.6 gallons. Sounds about right. I forget about the Vette, but I think it said 28 then down to 26 once I crossed the bridge, so sounds about right again. Then I booked it through Jersey and it went down to 25. Window sticker says that's what it's rated for anyway, even with the 2.73 gears.
...to be supported by Diablosport...