Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:26 pm

nope...

but check out concoursdirect.com and marylandspeed.com... they usually have the best deals/pricing goin on...

also, you have to make sure you also buy the PC Interface Kit - which is the power adapter and usb/serial cable... you need that so that you can connect the predator to your Windows PC in order to download recorded/saved data logs, import/export tune files for when you want to get a custom tune, update it to any new revisions that may come out, etc etc.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey,

I sent a U7193 back for the hardware upgrade on 7-26-2010 priority mail. I was wondering what the turn around time is. I miss it already.

Thanks and have a good one..

Don
Last edited by dlstewart01 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:27 pm

need to shoot an email to rmastatus@diablosport.com...

thanks!!
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:31 pm

06MonteSS wrote:
need to shoot an email to rmastatus@diablosport.com...

thanks!!

Thanks, Have a good one...

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:13 am

How do you do with the return mail overseas?
And with the extra fee for "locked to another car", does that count when you have "married" your predator in 1x rev with your car, beqause then you cant "unmarrie" from the car if i have understood correctly?

/Micke

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 am

with the update does the tool loose any function.
?egr ,cats, o2's delete?
i have all this removed from car and would hate to have to figure out a retune if the tool is unable.
thanks
mike

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:35 am

yes, any OBDII functions are removed.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:13 am

yes... you'll have to get a custom tune done for the tool/car in order to have the necessary items disabled in the tune file...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 pm

Hello again!

Still waiting for a reply to my questions, will I have to pay the upgrade AND the unlocking fee beqause I have a ver 1.03?
And what about the shipment, should I write something specific on the package so it gets thru customs?

Best regards
Mike

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:20 pm

if the backup has been restored to the previous vehicle, no unlock fees.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:33 am

Mike I bought my Predator U7191 for my 2005 C6 Corvette 3 weeks ago new. I need to know if it came with this 7r93 and 7r95 loaded; do I need to update it?

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:57 am

the 7191's can be internet updated... there's no upgrade program for them, because you can download and update it yourself...

and if you bought it brand new 3 weeks ago, there's no way it should be on one of those very old revisions...

power it up, and after it's booted up and is at the main menu, there's a number at the top of the screen... that's the revision number...

what is it??
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:20 am

Mine reads V.9r03

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:35 am

then you are all up to date man, nothing to update to... that is the latest revision for that 7191 predator you have...

you are good to go!!

use it on your car and install a tune!!
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks Mike for the informatin; you should take my avatar lol. (the devil one)

PreviousNext

Return to Predator GM Gas