Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Storing EFI tune

Storing EFI tune

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:03 pm

I have a 2008 Corvette with a number of mods ie; CAM,Headers, Vararam intake. The car has a EFI tune on it now.

Can I save the EFI tune to my Predator U7194 as the stock tune?

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:17 pm

yes, the predator will save the efi tune as the "original backup", as long as the efi tune wasn't done with their custom operating system...

if they used an efi custom O/S, then you will not be able to use the predator on it at all... only efilive software will read that tune now...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:14 pm

06MonteSS wrote:
yes, the predator will save the efi tune as the "original backup", as long as the efi tune wasn't done with their custom operating system...

if they used an efi custom O/S, then you will not be able to use the predator on it at all... only efilive software will read that tune now...

I emailed Ron at Vangeance Racing re; the custom OS. Ron informed me that no custom OS was used. I hooked up the Predator this afternoon and it backed up my current tune as the original with no problems that I know of.

I am taking the car to Delk Performance tomorrow morning. They are one of your CMR Dealers that are the closest to me.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Return to Predator GM Gas