Custom tune file questions/install

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

06MonteSS

RE: Re: RE: Custom tune file questions/install

Post by 06MonteSS »

as I mentioned in the post above... if parameters were changed that are not mapped in the diablo tune templates, then that info will not be saved/written... i.e. if a specific table for the manifold pressure is not mapped/available in the diablo tune template, then it will not save that info from the hp tuners tune.

and no, I am not able to adjust the vacuum...

that code is for your MAP sensor.. have you tried replacing it with a new one?? could be your MAP sensor is shot.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ls2goat

Post by ls2goat »

if parameters were changed that are not mapped in the diablo tune templates, then that info will not be saved/written... i.e. if a specific table for the manifold pressure is not mapped/available in the diablo tune template, then it will not save that info from the hp tuners tune.
I dont think i asked the question correctly, i was trying to ask if that parameter was in the templates that you mentioned.

and no, I am not able to adjust the vacuum...

that code is for your MAP sensor.. have you tried replacing it with a new one?? could be your MAP sensor is shot.
No the map sensor is fine, when a aftermarket cam is added the p106 dtc will trigger because the PCM doesnt understand the larger cam duration, a well known tuner confirmed this for me and was correct with hp tuners software. Thank you monte for your help it is appreciated greatly!
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.. there are no manifold vacuum tables available....
Last edited by 06MonteSS on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ls2goat

Post by ls2goat »

Once again I wasn’t asking that, I wanted to know if the “less vacuumâ€
mikel

Post by mikel »

maybe you need to talk to a different tuner, since this conversation is going nowhere ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
ls2goat

Post by ls2goat »

I agree! But to be clear, I never asked for him, he chose to correct a responce from another tuner that gave incorrect information. No other tuner spoke up to offer infomation or suggestions. :punisher:
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you asked... "would you be able to adjust it in your CRM software."

I answered.. "no.. there are no manifold vacuum tables available...." it is not in the cmr tune template, so no, it can not be adjusted...

so how is that my response is not helping exactly??? I answered the question asked...

you need to go to your hp tuner guy and get tuned...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
ViperGeek

Re: Reading HP Tuners tune with DiabloSport Trinity

Post by ViperGeek »

Hello all.

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but the topic of this thread is exactly what I wanted to ask, albeit slightly differently.

I've been using Predators, InTunes, and Trinitys for almost seven years and am very comfortable with reading, writing, and archiving the .DRG files. My tuner just switched camps and loaded an HP Tuners tune into my ECU. While I cannot guarantee 100% fidelity of a backup, would I be able to read the HP Tuners tune from the ECU into a .DRG file with the Trinity, then archive it to my PC for safe keeping? If so, do I just follow the instructions here:

https://www.diablosport.com/content/upl ... ritten.pdf

Finally, would it do ANY good to have such a backup? Currently, the biggest reason I reload a tune is to reset the adaptives. Would rewriting this .DRG backup back into my ECU achieve the same thing, or is it too risky since, as 06MonteSS mentioned, there may be values missing in the Diablo tune template?

Thanks!

- Dave