Predator U7198

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

ht1663wb

Predator U7198

Post by ht1663wb »

I just bought a used Predator off of E Bay. I plug it into my 01 Corvette Z06 and it only gives me one option for a tune. Bios V-6.01 then Predator Screen says 1.03

Tune it
Diagnostics
Options

I hit tune it and it just says install high performance tune. No other tuning options. Any help or explanation would be great. I have a Predator for my Charger SRT 8 and it has way more options.

Thanks, Bill
06MonteSS

Re: Predator U7198

Post by 06MonteSS »

wow, that is ollllllllllld man.. 1.03... if you bought it used, then you won't even be able to use it, because those olllllld 1.03 tools do not get unlocked/reset even if the previous user restored the original backup stock tune to their vehicle...

you got taken/screwed...

trade it in to diablosport for a $100 credit towards the purchase of the new inTune or Trinity programmer...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ht1663wb

Post by ht1663wb »

Thanks for the reply. The car did except it and it did creat a back up file. I've contacted the seller to see if he has a newer one or maybe I can return it. Also, do you think I should try it?

Thanks, Bill
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

I wouldn't bother with it... the tunes are old, don't have as many options with that old predator, etc....

you'd be much better off getting an inTune or Trinity... newer updated tunes, new tune file format, more available end-user options/adjustments, etc....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net