TC lockup to soon & OD at 35MPH!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

WhiteBuffalo

TC lockup to soon & OD at 35MPH!

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

Hey guys,

Long time no posts but, I have a question. :roll:

My tranny failed. I lost 2nd and 4th. I had it rebuilt and added a few upgrades like a beast sun shell and a Transgo HD2 shift kit. :drivingbad:

Now I have an issue with the TC locking up on partial throttle at 35MPH. The truck rumbles like a vehicle thats been shifted too soon. The tranny guys stated that the TCM controls shifts and lock ups. My U7193 allows for shift adjustments but only for WOT.

Is there a way to adjust part throttle shift points to stop the truck from going into 4th OD at 35MPH? I'd like it to not go to 4th until at least 45MPH.

Thanks!!

WB
05 Avalanche LT Z71 5.3 4.10, Volant CAI, Volant Ram Air Scoop, Corvette 2nd & Sonnax Super Hold 4th gear servo, KYB MonoMax.
Zach

Re: TC lockup to soon & OD at 35MPH!

Post by Zach »

Post up your tunes including backups and I'll have a look for you.
WhiteBuffalo

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

I can send you my current tune. This is from a U7193. Is that what you need? :?

I'm not too sure where Lew is these days. He's not answering me... :roll:

So much for the diablew tune support....... I guess........ :punisher:

I've been told that with the tranny upgrades that I need TC apply and shift speed for 4th adjusted.

Thanks for the reply.

WB
05 Avalanche LT Z71 5.3 4.10, Volant CAI, Volant Ram Air Scoop, Corvette 2nd & Sonnax Super Hold 4th gear servo, KYB MonoMax.
Zach

Post by Zach »

Lew has been dealing with some health issues, and not able to contact anyone.

Yes, please post your current tune and the backup file(stock) from your tool and I will make the necessary changes.

You can email me if you'd like, email in my signature.
WhiteBuffalo

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

Oh, I hope Lew is OK!! :oops:

I sent you the tunes you requested. I noted that some of the guys using HP tuners also had this adjustment done after upgrading their 4L60E transmissions. Most seem to adjust the min speed for 4th to 45MPH and change the min TC apply settings higher so it only locks during cruise conditions.

The truck shifts to 4th at 35MPH and then tries locking the torque convertor. RPMs drop from around 2k down to 1k and the drive train makes a growling noise like it was shifted too soon.

Hopefully, a quick tune adjustment can solve the issues. Have you guys seen this before???

WB
WhiteBuffalo

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

Zach,

Thanks for helping me out with an adjustment to my tune. The truck is holding longer before going to 4th now. :-D

No more rumbling noises from 4th TC lockup at 35MPH!!!!!

Hopefully, Lew will show up again when he's feeling better.

WB