ABS light after gear swap

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

zajaco

ABS light after gear swap

Post by zajaco »

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra with the 5.3 engine and 33 inch tall tires running the Diablo tune.

I just put 4.10 gears in my truck and started getting the ABS light.

Using my Diablo Predator u1794 running release 9r31, I cleared the code and modified the tune to account for the 4.10 gears. After about 5 minutes of driving with the modified tune the ABS light came back on. I used to see all kinds of posts about the Predator not changing gear ratio. I have that option in my Predator. However, it does not appear to be taking effect. Do I need a custom tune to fix this issue?
06MonteSS

Re: ABS light after gear swap

Post by 06MonteSS »

lower the tire size...

2007 and 2008 abs modules have a limit on how big the tire size setting can be..

now since you changed the gear ratio, the setting is probably too big..

so lower the tire size by a half inch, and see if that solves it..

if not, lower it by another half inch, etc etc..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
zajaco

Post by zajaco »

That appears to have worked. No ABS light on the drive to work this morning. FYI, for anyone running this setup (33 inch tall tires and 4.10 gears) I set the tuner to a 4.10 gear ratio and 25 inch tall tires. I verified with GPS on the way to work and my spedo is about 1 MPH fast at 40 MPH. IE, my spedo shows 41 and my GPS is showing 40. Close enough for me.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

cool deal..

yeah, within 1-3 mph is acceptable...

hell, I checked my wife's totally factory stock CTS once with my phone gps, and her speedo was showing about 2-2.5 mph off compared to gps, heh...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

06MonteSS wrote:cool deal..

hell, I checked my wife's totally factory stock CTS once with my phone gps, and her speedo was showing about 2-2.5 mph off compared to gps, heh...
....again, I say user error :)

rofl...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

mikel wrote:
06MonteSS wrote:cool deal..

....again, I say user error :)

rofl...
LOL.. douchenozzle!
Facebook_f_u.png
Facebook_f_u.png (8.66 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune