OBDII wire connector help

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

ntymd8r

OBDII wire connector help

Post by ntymd8r »

My power went out on my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 predator tuner. Found out a wire became unconnected from the chip in the OBDII connection case. CONFUSED. The gray wire is soddered to the brown connection spot and the white wire is soddered to the blue connection spot. A green wire is unattached and appears to have been previously soddered to the red connection spot....is this correct? Also the brown wire in the pic I attached appears to have never been soddered to anything, is this true as well?

Thanks, Alex

Sorry for the super big attachment!
Attachments
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1418.JPG (1.61 MiB) Viewed 3610 times
Red 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, SLP intake, SLP Y-pipe, SLP Loud Mouth exhaust, Predator custom tune U7198, BMR suspension components (STB, RB, Adj. PB, Adj. TA, RCA, Eibach Pro-kit
DiabloMatt

Re: OBDII wire connector help

Post by DiabloMatt »

yes... it goes to the red connection spot. :mrgreen:
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

might as well fix that Brown wire too while you're in there, that one's already breaking off too...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ntymd8r

Post by ntymd8r »

Made the connection and it works perfect. Never knew where the brown wire was connected to...no evidence of a sodder break. Looks like it was never connected?
Red 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, SLP intake, SLP Y-pipe, SLP Loud Mouth exhaust, Predator custom tune U7198, BMR suspension components (STB, RB, Adj. PB, Adj. TA, RCA, Eibach Pro-kit