LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR SLOPE

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

eacostad

Re: LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR S

Post by eacostad »

So I installed my new spark plugs and wires and that was my problem the old wires were very brittle and I could feel the cores cracking and breaking with just a little force. I ended up having to destroy them just to get them out. The new wires and plugs cured every problem I had with the car. I bought the vette in January and it just never felt as powerful or fast as it should be(reason I bought the Intune) and had a slight vibration at idle, it idles really smooth now.

I went out and did some logging and it seems to be really close now averaged -1 and saw 0 for a while. Going to do another log tomorrow to verify the -1 before i readjust the slope to -3. Cant wait to get to the WOT PE adjustments, the car is really strong and fast right now im really impressed. I'm curious as to what a custom Diablew tune would do :mrgreen:
Attachments
5052014minus4.log
2007 corvette todays log
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 1288 times
SG2550

Post by SG2550 »

Hey Lew does this all check out?

Average LTFT bank 1: 6.28723%
Average LTFT bank 2: 7.34318%

Recommended adjustment of -7% per DSLR

Sound About right :?: :?: :?: :?:

2003 Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L
Diablo 87 octane tune
CAI,HF cats, 3" cat back single outlet flowmaster.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

depends on what the intake air temp is... dslogredux does not take into account the intake air temp.. that's why I go through the logs manually when I do my custom tuning..

export your log to a CSV file from dataviewer.. then open that csv file in Excel, and see what your average intake air temp is...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
GhostC6

Post by GhostC6 »

If the Long Term Fuel Banks are always between 0 to 9.*** something, would that indicate it is adding fuel or reducing the amount of fuel? Or nothing to do with either?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

fuel trims positive means it's running lean, so it's adding that percentage amount of fuel to richen it up..

fuel trims negative means it's running rich and is subtracting that percentage amount of fuel to lean it out.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
GhostC6

Post by GhostC6 »

I found the tool here http://www.dslogredux.com/download.html and installed it and looked at some logs, I see how to get the suggested Fuel Slope adjustments, does it tell us any other adjustments for anything else? How do we know if we need to change any of the other settings?

Someone also mentioned the Throttle adjustment, I assume that is not available on the 2005 Corvette? If so where is it as I did not see it anywhere on the unit.

I also have the 160 thermostat in my car and the Diablo allows fan adjustments in increments. What should the lowest temperature fan setting be and increments to the hottest? Or does that depend on air temperatures or is it more related to an effort to keep the engine or coolant temperature closer to a desired temperature?

Thank you in advance.

Ghost
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no need to adjust anything else..

no, there is no throttle setting on that car...

you can not change the fan temps, you can only change the percentage of power that they run at, starting at 192*
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
GhostC6

Post by GhostC6 »

06MonteSS wrote:no need to adjust anything else..

no, there is no throttle setting on that car...

you can not change the fan temps, you can only change the percentage of power that they run at, starting at 192*
OK, so what percent should the 192 begin at up to the top temp? Should the top temp be at 100% and if so what should the % increments be to keep it in the best operating temp zone? Or does any of that really matter?
GhostC6

Post by GhostC6 »

Can timing be adjusted with the inTune or not? If so, how would you do that and how do you know by how much? I am always hearing people say they advanced or retarded their timing. Just curious, thanks.
GhostC6

Now What? Help Diablo Tuners!

Post by GhostC6 »

I have a question and I hope someone will provide a link or instructions on where to go from here. I finally have my Injector Slope Adjustments correct, for now anyway, to where the DSLog Tool says "No Adjustments Are Needed".

The post I read said after you get them correct, you can then do the WOT logs and make adjustments at that time for I think Power Enrichment PE. My question is this. What selections do I need to make on the DSLog Program, what PID's do I need to check on the Diablo InTune so that I can do the WOT logs and then use DSLog Program to analyze them and make suggestions on what changes need to be made on the PE?

So I guess long story short, since I have the Injector Slope corrected, how can I now go the next step and Log and Analyze and adjust PE accordingly using the DSLog Utility or what ever program I need at this point.

Thank you in advance and I hope I get some help here. I guess my next question would be after I have the Injector Slope, and the WOT for PE adjusted correctly. What is next, anything, or is that when I need to pay for a custom tune?

What parameters can the custom tuner adjust that I cannot in the custom tune? Also, what tool do you use for Windows 7 based computers to adjust or make a custom tune or is that something only the Diablo Tuners have?

Lots of questions but hopefully this will help me and others to follow.

Rick

:evil_angel:
Attachments
This is where I am at, now what guys?
This is where I am at, now what guys?
Injector-Slope.jpg (182.44 KiB) Viewed 25643 times
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

custom tuners, like myself, have diablosport's CMR tuning software.. its like hptuners, efilive software.. it's a full tuning suite.. so I have access to everything in the tune file, not just the parameters you have in the tool itself...

I would leave the PE settings alone.. as the diablo tunes already lean that out pretty good compared to stock..

and if you get a custom tune done, I would be changing anything you did anyway ;-)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
GhostC6

Post by GhostC6 »

06MonteSS wrote:custom tuners, like myself, have diablosport's CMR tuning software.. its like hptuners, efilive software.. it's a full tuning suite.. so I have access to everything in the tune file, not just the parameters you have in the tool itself...

I would leave the PE settings alone.. as the diablo tunes already lean that out pretty good compared to stock..

and if you get a custom tune done, I would be changing anything you did anyway ;-)
I plan on getting you to do a tune for me, looks like it will be in March, but it is on my bucket list.

:wink:
Hesham

Post by Hesham »

Hey 06MonteSS,

I just bought my Trinity and I used the diablo tune mode with a few adjustment which they are DoD, Speed Limiters. However, I logged the parameters you mentioned earlier to adjust the fuel slope. the problem is that when I go back and try to adult it (-4%), I can't because I don't have this option but I have the power enrichment option. I would like to know how to resolve this issue. Thanks
Hesham

Post by Hesham »

Hey again,

See below picture, this is what I mean by there is no fuel option. I only got to change the engine option which has the PE. So, should I update???? by the way I have a GM/sierra/2015.
Attachments
IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1232.JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 24430 times