New to predator, bare with me ....

Predator support for Dodge diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Freighttrain

New to predator, bare with me ....

Post by Freighttrain »

So I just switched from no powerstrokes to a cummins. So far I like it, after the predator aND extreme puck I really like it. Except, when I loaded the stacker tune the sec it said it was loaded and I can drive the engine light came on. The predator says I have no codes. I did the key trick and I get a p0107 and a p0073 code. Why isn't my predator picking it up? Also is there somewhere I can read about how to use this thing a little better and to its full advantage? I have a whole new VB and electronics coming (everything you can change without pulling the trans) so I wanna see what this thing will do. I hope this is a big step up from my TS 6 pos send away and get tuned chip I've used for so many years.
Freighttrain

Re: New to predator, bare with me ....

Post by Freighttrain »

Oh and also can the predator unlock the manual high idle option with the cruise buttons ?
mikel

Post by mikel »

What year is this cummins, and what is the revision on the top line of the main menu of the tool?

The codes are most likely related to the puck wiring, try removing it to see if they go away.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

It's an 03 , I had the puck on the truck before the predator. I never had any codes or light. I didn't touch the puck all I did was install the predator and immediately the light came on. The predator says no codes found. Cycling the key 3 times pops up with the two codes that weren't there prior to the predator tune. I can't get it to clear either.
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

Please post the revision listed at the top of the tool. It will read "Predator V.XrXX"
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

It says V.9r08
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

the tool is not up to date. Please restore the truck back to factory settings, update the tool to 9r09 and try the process again. https://www.diablosport.com/support-sea ... ?pid=U7130
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

Ah ok , I did not get any cables with my unit. Can I buy them somewhere easily and affordable?
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

you can buy them from us, from summit racing, or pick up the cables at a local radio shack type store.
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

Great thank you. Upon updating I can load one of the rkl 200 hp stacker tunes ? Do these cost money ?
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

do a search online for them and you'll find all the info you need :twisted:
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

Just ordered my data and power cables to get it updated and try the new tunes. I'm happy as can be with how it runs with just the predator, I barely ever touch the puck. My fuel mileage had gone through the roof since installing. Couldn't be happier, I was stuck on getting a smarty but after having this I won't change tuners. No reason to this has all I need plus more. Wish I would have found this forum alot sooner, I've been on cummin forum, powerstroke.org, powerstroke army, ect ect and they are all far from friendly and more of a cult based feeling. Opinions are far from accepted. Here is inviting and very informative.
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

OK finally got my tool updated , I still have a check engine light. The predator will not show that there's any codes still. I cam go in and do the key cycle 3 times and it pops up with 2 map/intake temp codes. They won't clear because the predator won't even show that there is a fault? Now what? This started the very first time the first tune was put to the truck. The sec it was finished writing to the truck the engine light popped on and it's been the same 2 codes. Even after the update it still is there and can't reset it ....
mikel

Post by mikel »

so even f you use the tool to clear they stay?
It will clear them even if it cant or wont read them...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

mikel wrote:so even f you use the tool to clear they stay?
It will clear them even if it cant or wont read them...
No it won't even show up there is any fault codes on the predator, it says no codes found. The codes popped up the sec I wrote the first tune to the truck. If I could actually view the codes with the predator I would think there was truly a fault. Truck runs normal I guess , lights been on since for at tune so I don't know if it does anything different with it off. I used the part store reader and it shows all the codes but will not clear them. One of the biggest things I hate it having lights on my dash!