U7170 hardware upgrade program in place!

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

mikel

Re: Expectations??

Post by mikel »

jermort wrote:Okay guys, here's my performance post:

Loaded up the 110 program:

At light to low throttle, the truck seems well behaved and not really on a tuner. But, at a little more, then boost builds quickly and power comes on quickly and not very controllably. It’s like: normal then schizoid to BAM! Boost flies past 20 and suddenly I’m going way faster than I planned. Almost like when a two stroke bike comes up on the pipe. Hard to explain, not sure it’s really usable. Goes from tame to beast with not much in between.

Personally, I'd prefer a little more linearity.

jammer :shock:
Try the 85 tune, that 110 is listed as a Race tune, may be a bit aggressive.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Excursionist

Re: Finally

Post by Excursionist »

jermort wrote:Well, after a month, got the upgraded Predator today! Watta ordeal!

Loaded it up (upgraded to the 9r04) seems good.

Last question,,,

Are you guys offering the standard warranty on the upgraded tuners??

jammer
JAMMER you are a chronic complainer its friggin unreal. How old are you? 16? Is that legal age to be on here? Anyway I sent my tuner in on AUG 29 and got it back DEC 2 Did you see me on here complaining? The 110 hp really gets up and goes. It used to just sound like it was going fast yet the truck wasnt moving. Now it really ramps up quick moves too and yet you complain its too much? Why dont you try an add on module with adjustable levels Diablo has one now and you could use a 6o hp tune then dial it up whenever you feel like 120 hp. I have an EDGE Juice with attitude. Would have tried the diablo for stacking purposes but it came out after I had already purchased. I can monitor Boost, Pyro, etc
02 Excursion 7.3 liter
Monster Exhaust w/Power Elbow
Big Head Wastegate
High boost wheel
AFE stage 2 Intake
Updated U7170 v-9r03
Edge Juice w/Attitude
Cal ID TNAA7Y5
Transmission Transducer, Solenoid and Springs
jermort

Re: Finally

Post by jermort »

Excursionist wrote:
jermort wrote:Well, after a month, got the upgraded Predator today! Watta ordeal!

Loaded it up (upgraded to the 9r04) seems good.

Last question,,,

Are you guys offering the standard warranty on the upgraded tuners??

jammer
JAMMER you are a chronic complainer its friggin unreal. How old are you? 16? Is that legal age to be on here? Anyway I sent my tuner in on AUG 29 and got it back DEC 2 Did you see me on here complaining? The 110 hp really gets up and goes. It used to just sound like it was going fast yet the truck wasnt moving. Now it really ramps up quick moves too and yet you complain its too much? Why dont you try an add on module with adjustable levels Diablo has one now and you could use a 6o hp tune then dial it up whenever you feel like 120 hp. I have an EDGE Juice with attitude. Would have tried the diablo for stacking purposes but it came out after I had already purchased. I can monitor Boost, Pyro, etc
Hey, go flame go flame someone else. (does your sister work for DS?)

Nothing gets fixed if you sit on your hands. This board has provided a lot of great feedback and issues get fixed if you make them known.

The DS staff has continued to provide great feedback to my issues.

My beliefs are: if you buy a product, you should expect it to work.

Enough said. This is not the place for throwing someone under the bus.

jammer
'11 6.7 Monster
philpreader

RE: Expectations??

Post by philpreader »

i would like to know how to correct for tire size with my U7170 or at least change the gear ratio to make up for the larger tires??
Phil Preader 530-933-9276 or sppreader@sbcglobal.net, thank you
sohfast94

Re: RE: Expectations??

Post by sohfast94 »

philpreader wrote:i would like to know how to correct for tire size with my U7170 or at least change the gear ratio to make up for the larger tires??
Phil Preader 530-933-9276 or sppreader@sbcglobal.net, thank you
You realize that it will not correct the speedo just make the tranny shift correctly right? What size tires and/or gear ratio?
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
fordtech

RE: Re: RE: Expectations??

Post by fordtech »

Anyone else have any good or bad input, I would love to send mine in but I do not want another disapointment/throwing cash away experience. I just ran my truck through Southeastern power systems in Orlando my truck runs like crap, all they said was I should throw the predator away my truck passed all the test with flying colors and buy a Super Chip Programer. Anybody have input on these? My Diablo really kicked ass when I bought it in 2004, updated it in 2007 and it sucked ever since.
mikel

Re: RE: Re: RE: Expectations??

Post by mikel »

fordtech wrote:Anyone else have any good or bad input, I would love to send mine in but I do not want another disapointment/throwing cash away experience. I just ran my truck through Southeastern power systems in Orlando my truck runs like crap, all they said was I should throw the predator away my truck passed all the test with flying colors and buy a Super Chip Programer. Anybody have input on these? My Diablo really kicked ass when I bought it in 2004, updated it in 2007 and it sucked ever since.
We seem to get lots of great feedback on the new tunes, I'd send it in for sure.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
KyleOH

RE: Expectations??

Post by KyleOH »

jammer same here...its a 2 stroke on the 110 tune....just over 10psi boost then WAM 22psi...its cool though its a race tune per say...
tntenter

lost me here

Post by tntenter »

So if i get this correctely my older u7170 is only good for version v.7r19d
if i want to get any newer "better udates" it costs $100.00. If this is correct than the Predator is like any other electronics, buy it, take it home, take it out of the box and it's out of date. Great sounds like my pc and cell phone. The ability to update via the internet kinda seems a moot point then. I understand that 100.00 is still cheaper than the price of something newer but give me a break, more money to upgrade my programmer? :?
mhaley

new progam for u7170

Post by mhaley »

After sending to Diablo to have new update installed what will happen if the vehicle has to go back in the shop and Ford reflashes the computer. Will the programer have to be upgraded again by Dialbo and will there be another fee to do so.
mikel

RE: new progam for u7170

Post by mikel »

No, you'll simply restore the backup then reinstall the tune when you get back.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
aaronpatton

RE: new progam for u7170

Post by aaronpatton »

When will I get a message or call back when my U7170 is finished?
jbeasts10

Re: RE: new progam for u7170

Post by jbeasts10 »

aaronpatton wrote:When will I get a message or call back when my U7170 is finished?
Mine just showed up,no contact.
2001 f250 CCSB 4WD 5"Exhaust,
BallBuster Turbo,ITP Regulated Return,03 Headlights
CCV-MOD,,AIH Delete,Built-Trans,Programmer,DIY Intake,EBPV delete,Boost-fooler,Gauges,305's
RAM

Post by RAM »

Will this upgrade be standard in the new diablo if i buy one tomorow
ForceOne

2000 F250 SD...U7170...

Post by ForceOne »

Our customer has [the older] 7170 w/o the Diablosport on the ODB plug. Do I need to send this unit in for update before I can download current tunes?

I have a voice mail in to Dan trying to get some answers so I can help our customer.

Hope to hear from you folks soon!!!

Chris