U7165 for 05 F-250

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

mann29

U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by mann29 »

I just purchased a unit for my 05 F-250. I had some work done on it & also had the ERG delete done. After reading a few post, I'm concerned about even trying to program the unit or just sending it back. I'm not looking to turn my truck into a drag racer but to have a little more power and get better fuel milage. I was also wondering if the problems people are having is across the board or just a few.
mikel

RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by mikel »

The complaints stem from Ford latest reflash not providing the mileage people used to get.

Load the tunes and enjoy, decide for yourself how much better it is ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mann29

RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by mann29 »

I haven't had it reflashed and do not plan on taking it in. Just put new heads on it it and was getting 15.3 unloaded with 2 cracked heads after head job( long story but machine shop replaced at no cost) & put ARP head bolts. Will try but have read & check out you website about custom tunes. It also has a K&N cold air intake. Should I try the 9r13 or 8r10
swamplandkarl

Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by swamplandkarl »

mikel wrote:The complaints stem from Ford latest reflash not providing the mileage people used to get.

Load the tunes and enjoy, decide for yourself how much better it is ;)
Part of this information mikel provided is true, but the mileage and also the power is not much better than stock if any at all..........

Read the forums from a lot of people posting and you will find the truth.

I do not have the vxcf calid and have the same issues....."no mileage and no power"

Good luck........
mikel

RE: Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by mikel »

Any and all older revisions are available to you swamplandkarl.

I have offered to send them to anyone who asks.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mann29

RE: Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by mann29 »

I guess all I can do is install it and use the 30 day guarantee offered from diablosport
swamplandkarl

Re: RE: Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by swamplandkarl »

mikel wrote:Any and all older revisions are available to you swamplandkarl.

Ok maybe I dont understand what you are talking about as I have tried other croms with the same results?

Even you have said that you guys were looking at a way to flash the FICM as this is the problem.

I am not a tuner but I do know that the tunes do not do much if anything at all...

I have posted my calid many times and have been told that we are working on it and this has been going on for over a year now...........

There was also a comment from someone else that they had some good results with the problem on a test truck but you guys have never posted anything, all we get is excuses .........

So when will we see something to fix the problem???????

Are we really asking to much to be able to use what we paid for, put yourself in our shoes wouldnt you be a little upset?

And on top of all of this getting you people to give us some kind of timeline to repair the problem or even answer our questions is like pulling teeth its like you could careless and hopeing we would just go away......

But I am not just going to go away after spending this kind of money for something that does not work as advertised....

It would be nice to get some kind of reasonable reply.........
mikel

Re: RE: Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by mikel »

swamplandkarl wrote:
mikel wrote:Any and all older revisions are available to you swamplandkarl.

Ok maybe I dont understand what you are talking about as I have tried other croms with the same results?

Even you have said that you guys were looking at a way to flash the FICM as this is the problem.

I am not a tuner but I do know that the tunes do not do much if anything at all...

I have posted my calid many times and have been told that we are working on it and this has been going on for over a year now...........

There was also a comment from someone else that they had some good results with the problem on a test truck but you guys have never posted anything, all we get is excuses .........

So when will we see something to fix the problem???????

Are we really asking to much to be able to use what we paid for, put yourself in our shoes wouldnt you be a little upset?

And on top of all of this getting you people to give us some kind of timeline to repair the problem or even answer our questions is like pulling teeth its like you could careless and hopeing we would just go away......

But I am not just going to go away after spending this kind of money for something that does not work as advertised....

It would be nice to get some kind of reasonable reply.........
If your FICM has not been updated, then the old croms will work just like they used to. There is no reason you cant have your truck running exactly as you recall it at any point in the past, if you can tell me what revision it was you need.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
ProEMTPFF

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by ProEMTPFF »

I'm currently running 9r13with CAL ID VXCF4HJ.Can ANYONE suggest a better/older tune that will improve my mileage and performance? Even a good mileage tune would make me happy.
2006 F250 4x4 King Ranch CC
4" turbo back exhaust
K+N CAI
Head Studs
EGR delete

swamplandkarl

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by swamplandkarl »

The truck was updated by ford over a year ago just go back and look at my posts ........
I have tried everything back to when I bought the tuner and its the same thing no POWER NO FUEL MILEAGE, even your support has said it is in the FICM not getting fuel like it used to before the new flash.
I think they were flashing the FICM before the vxcf your talking about but not sure as I do not have that calid.

I am willing to try whatever you might suggest as I have in the past its just nothing has worked so far.. So send me what you think will fix the issue and I will again give it a try?

So if you have no solutions for the problems we all seem to be having what are we to do?

So back to my original questions above as you still have not giving us any answers?
mikel

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by mikel »

swamplandkarl wrote:The truck was updated by ford over a year ago just go back and look at my posts ........
I have tried everything back to when I bought the tuner and its the same thing no POWER NO FUEL MILEAGE, even your support has said it is in the FICM not getting fuel like it used to before the new flash.
I think they were flashing the FICM before the vxcf your talking about but not sure as I do not have that calid.

I am willing to try whatever you might suggest as I have in the past its just nothing has worked so far.. So send me what you think will fix the issue and I will again give it a try?

So if you have no solutions for the problems we all seem to be having what are we to do?

So back to my original questions above as you still have not giving us any answers?
The only way you would have the new terrible FICM flash is if you have VXCF9, as it was part of that update (along with a TCM flash that limits torque everywhere).

If you do not have VXCF9, and you use an older crom, everything is exactly as it was when you were using that older crom in the past.
The tunes inthe older croms do not change. If the truck changed, it is tough to get around that, since the Predator can not flash the FICM.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
swamplandkarl

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by swamplandkarl »

mikel wrote:
swamplandkarl wrote:The truck was updated by ford over a year ago just go back and look at my posts ........

The only way you would have the new terrible FICM flash is if you have VXCF9, as it was part of that update (along with a TCM flash that limits torque everywhere).

If you do not have VXCF9, and you use an older crom, everything is exactly as it was when you were using that older crom in the past.
The tunes inthe older croms do not change. If the truck changed, it is tough to get around that, since the Predator can not flash the FICM.
The oldest crom file I have is 9r05 and this doesnt work either........

So what crom file do you suggest I try it, please send it to me???????
mann29

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7165 for 05 F-250

Post by mann29 »

After reading the post you guys have made, I think I may have stirred up a hornets nest that has been going on for a while. My only other question before I send this programmer back is, are the problems limited to the preditor or are there also power & milage issues with the Extreme Powerpuck & Trinity?
ProEMTPFF

Post by ProEMTPFF »

I guess I was lucky a few days back. My FICM went out, my local dealership replaced it......yet I kept my CAL ID VXCF4HJ.......its a Christmas miracle!
2006 F250 4x4 King Ranch CC
4" turbo back exhaust
K+N CAI
Head Studs
EGR delete

mann29

Post by mann29 »

Will I have to hook the programmer up to my truck to find out which CAL ID i have? Or is there another way to see which one I have?