Regen Cycle

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

rayconway

Regen Cycle

Post by rayconway »

Hey guys, I have an 08 F350 SD and have been reading about Regen Cycle and the DPF, but I wanted to know how you can actually tell that it is cycling? Does it show up on the trip computer, or do you just go on smell? lol

Many thanks
mikel

RE: Regen Cycle

Post by mikel »

I thought there was a light or message that would come on the dash.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
travislbennett

Post by travislbennett »

There should be a message in the dash that says Cleaning Filter. If not you should take the truck to Ford and have them service it. There used to be no way to tell other than your mileage going to crap and a high idle when in park. They flashed my computer last time I took it in and now I get a message.
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

I guess I am going to have to re load the original program in order to keep my warranty in tact taking back to the dealer? Should not be a big deal. I just hope that they don't reflash my computer so that my Predator does not work?

Thanks guys,

Ray
cncliby

Post by cncliby »

My 08 F-350 says "Drive to clean exhaust filter" about 10 miles into every trip I take sense I started using the Predator. My mileage is about the same as stock but the power is "NUTS". When I start off at a light driving normally the black smoke just pores out as if I didn't have a DPF system. Normally on a highway trip when my truck says "cleaning exhaust filter" or "Drive to clean exhaust filter" my mileage drops and the EGT jump and it takes about 20 miles to clean the filter. Well to get to the point sense I started using the Predator when my truck says it's cleaning the exhaust filter it hasn't been cleaning it. I fear my DPF will get clogged and damage will occur. What do you all think I should do? I thought about changing it back to the stock program twice a month so I'm sure it's getting cleaned till I can afford to get a DPF delete kit.