Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator Ford Diesel 08 F350 Superduty Reflash?

08 F350 Superduty Reflash?

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:49 am

Hey Guys,

I have an 08 F350 Superduty 6.4, and am trying tunes with Predator 7164 for milage. I have been reading posts about dealer reflash, and I am trying to find out if I need to do it or not?

I do not get the Regen message on the computer, so I don't know if it has been done or not. Purchased this truck 2 months ago, and am getting 14.6 average milage town/road according to the computer.

Any advice?

Thanks

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 am
travislbennett

I would say if you aren't getting the message that says "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" then you havent had the latest computer update. 14.6 MPG is pretty dang good. I wouldnt screw with it. I have gone back to the stock tune because thats where I get the best mileage. best I got with the 7164 was 10.9 mpg, now I am back up to 12.6. Do you know anyone who wants to buy a predator?

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks for the info Travis. I just wonder if mpg increased at all on stock tune after reflash? It stands to reason, that after downloading the newest revision, that it could only get better having Ford's most current flash to boot.

Sorry, I don't know anyone else looking for a Predator. I'll keep it in mind and will reach out if I hear of anyone.

Thanks,
Ray

Return to Predator Ford Diesel