NGC3 to NGC4 swap on Grand Cherokee

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

greenwayer

NGC3 to NGC4 swap on Grand Cherokee

Post by greenwayer »

I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee 5.7L with a custom motor and U7317 preadtor. Im looking to swap to an NGC4 2007 Grand Cherokee 5.7L PCM. I have restored my original backup already on the original PCM, but will the predator have any issues with my custom tune not matching new CalID? Also will the predator try to update the CalId because it sees a mismatch between the vin and current CalId? Do you think I would run into any other issues with this setup?

Thanks for your help,
RJ
mikel

Re: NGC3 to NGC4 swap on Grand Cherokee

Post by mikel »

custom tune will have to be made from the new backup of the new pcm.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
greenwayer

Post by greenwayer »

mikel wrote:custom tune will have to be made from the new backup of the new pcm.
Okay. Mike would you be able to port my tune (joshi400_005b) to the new original backup (07stockPCM)? My tuner seems to have dropped off the grid. I have attached it in this post. Thanks so much.
Attachments
joshi400_005b.drg
(33.79 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
07 stock PCM.drg
(83.79 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
mikel

Post by mikel »

its not that simple when swapping an entire pcm, NGC3 and 4 can have totally different tables and data.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
greenwayer

Post by greenwayer »

mikel wrote:its not that simple when swapping an entire pcm, NGC3 and 4 can have totally different tables and data.
My tuner was able to port the tune over but none of the PIDs are reading on the diablo when datalogging. I assume it’s deciding the protocol to record PIDs on based on the VIN? So it’s looking for PIDs for an 05? Is there a way to fix this? Also the Jeep feels like it’s only at 75% power at WOT. Everything else seems to be working fine
greenwayer

Post by greenwayer »

mikel wrote:its not that simple when swapping an entire pcm, NGC3 and 4 can have totally different tables and data.

Hey Mike, we were able to get the tune straightened out. The only issue now is the Diablo wont datalog on the NGC4 computer because it reads the vin and tries to pull 05 PID's. Do you have any way around this? Can the vin be changed in chipmaster by my tuner?
mikel

Post by mikel »

I have seen this issue before on swaps and I am not familiar with a way to get around it unfortunately.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com