SRT8 Dyno results less than you expected? LOOK HERE

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

DanielNix

RE: Re: RE: Retard!

Post by DanielNix »

I don't have to worry about emissions where I live, I unplugged that breather garbage coming from the valve cover and ran it elsewhere. The least that can happen is better mileage and a better running engine. Gunk needs to go elsewhere besides the engine cylinders. Its a bad design. Especially when it throws a PCV error code, and there is no wiring going to the PCV valve. It's just a small piece of plastic crap in the manifold. Idiots at Mopar.
Great post on knock sensors. Thanks.
Volant cold air intake, BBK headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Port/Polish heads, .030 over, 268/272 Comp cam, Beehive valve springs, pushrods, new rebuild on the motr with all of the typical stuff, 75 shot NOS, 3.92 gears, lowered 2.5 front, 4.5 rear, 22 inch Zora rims, full 1200 watt stereo system...
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

A couple things that have shown to reduce knock, be it false or real.

To reduce false knock on the Hemi's, use Lucas Oil Stabilizer. The stuff coats engine parts and greatly quiets the valvetrain ticking. If you are going to race though, make sure its hot!! When cold this stuff is thicker then molasses, and the motor will rev up a helluva lot slower. It won't zing upto redline like some of us are used to. The synthetic is thinner then the Heavy duty, and its what I've been using, but I'm not sure it coats as well. It sure doesn't smooth out the motor as much.
Ideally you'd use 2 bottles during an oil change, but I prefer just using it to replace the oil that ends up in the catch can. Its not cheap, and using 2 bottles every 3k miles seems like overkill to me.

Reducing real knock, caused by poor fuel is easier. NOS Race Booster. Its an octane booster that contains a little nitromethane, and the Hemi LOVES it. Many guys have seen this stuff reduce ST KR by as much as 4°!! Again, not cheap, so you won't want to use it with every tank, but if you're going to the track, you need this stuff. Don't even bother with any other brand. This is the only one thats been shown to work on the Hemis.

And of course, its always good to keep your coolant temps down. A 180° thermostat should be one of your first mods. I like NAPA part number THM-165. Its a 180° stat, has a bypass like stock, and is a fraction of the cost of the JET that many people get suckered into. I've run this on both my SRT8s and have never ones had a code thrown or come across any other issue. Its also wise to use Redlines Water Wetter or Royal Purples Purple Ice in your coolant, as it helps with heat disipation.

Not even gonna go into the catch can need. We've been over it, we don't need to rehash. If you aren't convinced you need it, hell it I don't care. Its your motor, blow it up. :roll:
Last edited by Mike_Levy on Thu May 12, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DanielNix

Post by DanielNix »

Hello Mike, just the guy I wanted to see online. What make and model is the tune file you posted?
Need to know, my guy is looking at it as I type... Lucas is a product I will be looking into, what weight oil do you use? also, I guess there is a fuel i can get around here that is 95 octane with no additives, like ethanol, or oxygenation in it. Supposed to be really good for power and mileage. I live in Oregon, they go green here, and by doing so they have made it worse.
Volant cold air intake, BBK headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Port/Polish heads, .030 over, 268/272 Comp cam, Beehive valve springs, pushrods, new rebuild on the motr with all of the typical stuff, 75 shot NOS, 3.92 gears, lowered 2.5 front, 4.5 rear, 22 inch Zora rims, full 1200 watt stereo system...
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The one I posted is from my 08 Jeep SRT8.

I run 0W40 Mobil 1. That was the factory fill and what the dealer gives me for my free changes.
DanielNix

Post by DanielNix »

I was using 5w30 and it was really noisy, so I went to 10w30 Mobil 1 and it is really good.
dodge15154

Re: RE: Re: RE: Retard!

Post by dodge15154 »

crf450rr wrote:I know my car is not an SRT8 but,
Quick is so right about the gains you can get with a CMR tune...I have 3 bolt ons on my 07 Charger R/T
1. CAI (RDP with a Green filter)
2. 180 T-stat (Jet)
3. catch can (BT)
Stock with a K&N drop in air filter the car dyno'd 278 RWHP (I forgot the torque #'s)
With the 3 bolt ons and canned 91 CAI tune it dyno'd at 297 RWHP 344 RWTQ...
With the 3 bolt ons and a 91 CMR tune it dyno'd at 322RWHP 369 RWTQ...
The car will run low 13's all day on the stock GoodYears...
Very, very happy with the Predator...
whats cmr tune?
UARPerformance

Post by UARPerformance »

I would think that anybody who owns a performance vehicle & knows oil is being entered into the combustion chamber & building up oil carbon deposits on valves & pistons..( which absorb fuel ) would want to fix something the car companys didn't feel like spending millions of dollars on,would be a smart thing to do. Just my opinion. You might want drive a Camry then instead Hemi if you dont care. Again JUST MY OPINION. : I believe most cars,turbo cars, blower cars, nitrous cars, really don't want oil in the combustion chamber. :punisher:
UAR Performance.com