predator handheld tuner

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

vinny32

predator handheld tuner

Post by vinny32 »

Hello, i need help from you guys on a issue i am having my issue is posted below

I have a 2009 challenger srt 8 six speed with the following mods in my sig.

2009 srt 8 six speed w procharger
modern muscle drop in forged pistons
custom inertia blower cam
392 fuel pump upgrade
Boost a pump
ford 80lb blue injectors
A/F ratio guage
ARP main head bolts/studs
Mccleod RXT clutch
652 hp at 10.5lb of boost

I have around 21000 miles on her and she is not a everyday driver. This question is in reference to recall TSB 18-002-09. Which is very specific for the 2009 challenger srt8 six speed. It deals with code P0339 which is the crank position sensor intermitent. While driving last weekend my car suddenly went into limp mode shifting from second to third at around 45 mph. Check engine light immediately came on. Drove it back home but had to keep rpms below 2500 or so. Pulled the code and got the P0339 and started doing my research. Found out about the recall and firmware update. I called my tuner and basically his best recommendation is to drive it to the dealer . once there put the stock tune back on it. Get the Flash update...... at this point acording to the tuner i will have to tow her home because it would no longer accept his old tune with the firmware update. The reason i am posting this here is because i have the Diablo Predator handheld and i have a very specific concern. When i take my car to the dealership i will upload the stock tune back on challenger and have them flash that. Once that is done i will email that to my tuner to get a new custom Tune. Once this is done i will upload this new custom tune to the predator and then into the car. My question is will the predator still see the stock tune as the original tune that it was originally married to now that it will have a firmware update .The model of predator is U1735