DS Downloader: Can't backup "last tune written"

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

SummitUp

DS Downloader: Can't backup "last tune written"

Post by SummitUp »

I recently purchased a one owner 2008 Jeep Wrangler which has a RIPP supercharger. The seller also included a v.9r09 U7137 Diablo Predator tuner which currently has a RIPP pcm_051877490af_ripp_2.2.drg tune. I’m wanting to back up the tunes to my PC with the DSDownloader for safe keeping, and have no problem in this regard with the original stock tune. However when I try to backup the ripp_2.2.drg “last tune written” I get a “tune locked” error and can’t backup the tune. I realize the Predator U7137 is probably considered obsolete, and I want to upgrade to the latest Diablo inTune, but I need to be able to save the RIPP supercharger tune to my PC so I can upload it to the new tuner.

I contacted RIPP's tech support to no avail, and they have referred me to Diablo for help. Therefore I’m asking for an explanation of this error and hoping you have a solution to the problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

BTW, is the $100 trade in credit still available for the U7137?
mikel

Re: DS Downloader: Can't backup "last tune written"

Post by mikel »

Unfortunately these older tools wont allow you to export a locked LTW file. Yes, you can trade that in anytime.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
SummitUp

Post by SummitUp »

Mikel, thanks for your response. I guess since there's no way to move the RIPP supercharger tune to a new programmer I'm stuck with the old U7137. It is at least useful if I ever need to return to the stock tune.
mikel

Post by mikel »

You can contact RIPP about purchasing an RM3000.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com