My u7180 Predator will not load (Part 2)

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

jbcox43

My u7180 Predator will not load (Part 2)

Post by jbcox43 »

I have been trying to find a solution to my u7180 (9r08) that will not install on my truck (2004 LB7) for about 7 mo. now. Had it upgraded to new hardware in March. With a number of phone calls and a long running forum inquiry, all I can get for an answer is "This is still being looked into and I expect to see a solution soon" from mikel.
I am beginning to think it is time to move on to a different tuner that will work on my truck.
So this is my question, If I sell this tuner will it work on someone else's truck with out any problem loading? I do not wont to it to come back after sale because it will not work. I would like to recoup some of my money. Could you please tell me if it should work on another LB7.

Thanks, John
mikel

RE: My u7180 Predator will not load (Part 2)

Post by mikel »

email sent
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jbcox43

RE: My u7180 Predator will not load (Part 2)

Post by jbcox43 »

Thanks for email. Will do as requested.
John
drag1861

Post by drag1861 »

Please send me the same email/solution. Mine has exactly the same problem and i also have been very patiently waiting for a solution. Enough is enough.
Money back or a solution please.

Regards
Craig geddes
cgrcing@aapt.net.au
halo13

Post by halo13 »

me 3. I have been waiting since before march when the initial hardware and software upgrades were offered. Luckily I got a nice little tuner from my local boys at SC in sanford, FL. No problems with that one and it installs tunes without removing any fuses or standing on your head with you left hand in your right back pocket while holding a rabbits foot and sniffing a 4 leaf clover. lol. I have been waiting for almost a year or it might even be a year. I even unplugged all radio and all aftermarket equipment just to make the tech guy on the phone happy and it still wouldnt take a tune. I am suggesting money back. That would make me happier. still not satisfied but happier.
jbcox43

Post by jbcox43 »

:D I would like to thank Mike L. He has proved that DiabloSport has customer satisfaction at the top of their list. His solution to my problem works great. DiabloSport stepped up and went above and beyond what was required of them to solve my problem. I will recommend DiabloSport to anyone who would like a good tuner from a company that stands behind their product.
Thanks, John
mikel

Post by mikel »

halo13 wrote:me 3. I have been waiting since before march when the initial hardware and software upgrades were offered. Luckily I got a nice little tuner from my local boys at SC in sanford, FL. No problems with that one and it installs tunes without removing any fuses or standing on your head with you left hand in your right back pocket while holding a rabbits foot and sniffing a 4 leaf clover. lol. I have been waiting for almost a year or it might even be a year. I even unplugged all radio and all aftermarket equipment just to make the tech guy on the phone happy and it still wouldnt take a tune. I am suggesting money back. That would make me happier. still not satisfied but happier.
was your tool sent in for a hardware upgrade?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
halo13

Post by halo13 »

ofcourse. even with all the problems I had you guys wouldn't even give me the cable to hook up to my computer. Plus if your going to say update the tool please reference this post. http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=14254 This guy has the latest update and still can't get usefual data on his truck. I want the data to work correctly before I will even think about installing a tune using this thing again. please also reference the pictures of the tool being used on this forum post here http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=18682 to see my new issues. all the data is wrong and most of it says can't communicate or what ever it says in the picture. You should remember me Mike I actually talked to you and the other tech support guy I believe brian was his name quite extensively on the phone trying every method to make the programmer work properly. Taking the ECU out and programming it on a bench is not the answer to the problem. I could install a tune when this thing was new without removing a single fuse, now it won't even read data. I can't afford to keep sending the tool to you all the time for you guys to update or fix it.
mikel

Post by mikel »

email sent.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
sparkyforfun

Post by sparkyforfun »

I've had mine for over a year now, sent in for hardware upgrade and tried the software updates and still will no work!!!!!!
blake89

Post by blake89 »

I have just purchased a brand new u7180 for my 03 LB7 and am having the same problem with mine PLEASE HELP!!!!