duramax cutting out with programmer installed

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

1s1kms

duramax cutting out with programmer installed

Post by 1s1kms »

2005 duramax with predator programmer #u7185
with the programmer installed, when i accellerate or sometimes at a steady speed it will cutout making what sounds like a fart noise (best way i can describe it lol) and it looses power for a split second each time it does it, and when i take out the programmer its fine??any ideas. i installed it when my truck was completely stock and it did it and now i have an intake and straight pipe exhaust and it still does it.help please its driving me nuts.but ive only used it on the 45hp and 65hp setting, seems like on the higher setting it does it a lot worse.on the 65hp setting going up an easy grade i wouldnt go over 70mph.
johan

RE: duramax cutting out with programmer installed

Post by johan »

Sounds like turbo bark to me. That usually happens if you build too much boost do you have any boost fooling devices on there or what kind of air intake do you have?
Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.
1s1kms

Post by 1s1kms »

i dont have a boost fooling device,and i have an AEM intake,if the boost fooling device is for when the straight pipe is intalled i think ive heard of that but even before i had the straight pipe it did it
lccmo

Post by lccmo »

Do you have your egr blocked? (blocker plate)